Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC25 warning lights

Adman22 · 2024-02-18 05:41

Hi all, first post here. I have googled for this. And I have already got the service manual, but that doesn’t help for this. I guess the original operators manual would. I have a warning light on. I assume it’s telling me the hydraulic fluid is low… perhaps. It’s the second from bottom on the picture. Can anyone tell me for certain what it means? Also, I have the engine stop light on. It’s been running a bit rough for a while. I just adjusted the valve clearances and it runs well now, but the engine light is still on. Does it need to be reset, or is there still something wrong..? Thanks, Adam.

Replies7
  1. #1uffex2024-02-18 05:52

    Good day & welcome Attached may help. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Adman222024-02-18 06:52

    Hi Uffex, that’s very helpful, thank you! I don’t suppose you know the answer to my second question about the engine stop light do you, and whether that needs to be reset? It sounds to me like it’s running sweetly but I don’t want to risk it with the Stop light still being on. Thanks, Adam.

  3. #3uffex2024-02-18 11:44

    Good day Can you please tell me which engine is in your machine? Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Adman222024-02-18 13:20

    It’s a 2004 EC25 with a Mitsubishi S3L2. Thanks for your quick replies, really appreciate it. Adam.

  5. #5uffex2024-02-18 15:46

    Good day Adam You have a couple of reasons -high engine temperature - low oil pressure, if you get the warning when the motor is cold only leaves one choice. See attached Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6Adman222024-02-18 15:54

    Thanks, that’s helpful. The engine was running a bit lumpy, and stalled at low revs on start. The Stop light wasn’t on at that point. It came on when the engine was hot, and now stays on when cold. I guess that points to low oil pressure, or a dodgy oil pressure sensor? Appreciate your support - and knowledge. Adam.

  7. #7uffex2024-02-19 04:15

    Good day Adam I suggest you make investigation a priority, the longer you run a sick motor the more it is likely to cost to repair. Kind regards Uffex