Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC35C mini excavator. Need help with thumb operation.

bchristman68 ยท 2020-04-24 15:42

Hello. My father just purchased a Volvo EC35C mini excavator and we are having trouble figuring out the operation of the thumb. Anyone with knowledge of the specific controls to get this to operate would be greatly appreciated. I read that some need to be switched over to auxiliary hydraulics but not sure where that is either. My father has been working on heavy equipment all his life. I'm trying to help him out. Thanks for any help.

Replies4
  1. #1John Canfield2020-04-24 16:59

    In my Bobcat E42 that is configured in the user menu.

  2. #2bchristman682020-04-25 08:05

    This is a 2012 volvo and there isn't a computer control panel so there isn't a user menu.

  3. #3John Canfield2020-04-25 08:57

    Maybe talk to the dealer? Try to get a service manual?

  4. #4Ben Witter2020-04-27 20:23

    I suppose you bought this at auction without an operators manual. The information is in the operators manual but you should be able to press the button on the right joystick and cycle between boom offset and X1 operation (auxiliary hyd.). The you can move the roller switch on the right joystick and you should have movement on one or the other function. You do already have a thumb installed I assume?