Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat e26 slow hydraulics

Colton_59 ยท 2020-04-21 19:28

I recently bought a 2014 bobcat e26 with 1900 hours. On first start up of the day I can dig for maybe 30 minutes and then the hydraulics get so slow that it's unusable. I just drained the hydraulic tank and changed the primary filter thinking maybe that was the issue. It's still having issue though. You can put your hand on the hydraulic fluid cooler after it gets slow moving and hold it there without being burnt. So it doesn't seem as though it's overheating. The temp gauge stays around quarter ways up. Can't hear any groaning or see any foaming in the tank. Any ideas as to what may be the cause? First mini ex I've owned but have operated them in substations for over 2 years and this is the only one that's done this.

Replies3
  1. #1Rshaf2020-05-07 13:38

    I am having the same issue, Did you solve the problem?

  2. #2Colton_592020-05-07 13:59

    Yeah I'm still having problems with it. Found an o-ring that was busted on a pressure relief valve and that helped it run longer but it still does it. Had a mechanic that used to work at asco look at it and he found another pressure relief valve that the plunger was sitting in there a little crooked and he thinks that will fix it. Just haven't had time to replace it.

  3. #3Rshaf2020-05-07 16:34

    Thanks, i will check that out.