Yesterday I was running my friends 04 EC460BLC for about an hour or so. Everything was working great until it suddenly just lost all hydraulic power. It seems to have affected all functions including the travel motors. I can tell that its trying to do something, but its not enough to even lift the bucket off the ground. Wondering what could make it go from operating normally to this almost instantly... Possibly some sort of pressure relief valve has stuck open? Definitely would like to check the simple things first. Thanks!
Good day Start at the beginning check out the pilot pressure. Kind regards Uffex
I would almost have to believe its going to be something simple. We hope... Really don't think the main hydraulic pump would just suddenly fail like that.
Had same thing happen on our EC290blc. It was a bad valve coil. We swapped one with high speed travel and took right off. Ours was located inside the pump room. There’s 3 of them I can’t remember which is which. I’ll see if I can find the info.
He's got limited pump function . Its acting more like a stuck relief. He reached out to me yesterday. No unusual noises, just no oomph. But I'm glad you kept and shared that nugget of knowledge. It makes this all worthwhile.
9108 is the lockout solenoid. U can switch with either if the other 2. Middle one is boost power and the other end is high speed.
Yes your right I thought about that while I was sending the info.
Hope this helps to get things started. When you have gauges, let me know, we'll go deeper.
Good day Guys My Ec460b is some what different I hope I am not wrong but you guys are well informed. Kind regards Uffex
It depends on serial. There are several config's
Yeah I appreciate the info anyways! Definitely thinking its some sort of relief that went. The machine tries to do the functions when I try, but just seems to have very low hydraulic power.
Machine is back up and running. Had a tech throw some gauges on it and ended up finding the main pressure relief valve was stuck. Everything is back to normal again now! Thanks!
Well, that's terrific news, and didn't break the bank.
Absolutely! Gotta have repairs like that once in awhile!
Cool deal. Always good to find the issue And resolve it without as said breaking the bank. Everything is so costly now. I’m tired of fixin on stuff. But we’ll keep on keeping on! Fixin to change out a motor on EC290blc.