Hello, I just recently bought a case 688 excavator that needed a motor rebuilt and which the dealer indicated it was the pump so I rebuilt the engine and went through the pump which had no sign of issues. After starting it up and running it for 30 minutes I noticed that the whole machine is slow. The previous owner indicated that it runs slow but not that slow. It also has about 2 second delays in changing direction aswell. It seems to have good pressure since it has the power to lift itself without an issue, it's just painfully slow.(the oil is travelers premium which claims to support Case MS-1230) An ideas of the issue?
Looks to be the same design as my case 888. Try adjusting ls1 and ls2 . In for higher pressure and back off for lower . Real sensitive adjust like 1/4 turn at a time .