Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC700B Good or Bad?!

Tyler Cohrs ยท 2022-05-29 15:13

Wondering what everyones thoughts are on the Volvo EC700 machines? Just purchased a 2007 model year machine located in Saskatchewan. Have a few EC460B machines so fairly familiar with those. Just looking for some feedback on these bigger models. Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1Vaquero 452022-05-29 17:40

    A good friend of mine has a 2008 don't know if yours does buy his has a Volvo D16 ? engine I believe ? Make sure you run OEM listed oil in yours, don't skimp around with similar products. Some of those D16 power plants had injecter cup issues, the solution was to use a steel sleeve using sealant at the bottom of the base . In those D16 engines I remember him telling me of excessive oil burning and the fix was piston ring replacement. However those cases according to him were few and far between. I'm not a diesel mechanic just sharing with you from memory what I know about his Volvo. Hope it helps in any way .

  2. #2uffex2022-05-30 04:18

    Good day The difference is not so much to your 460 machine although larger the lay out electrics are much the same. Tested one year's ago prior to them hitting the market. See attached, I suggest you make or procure a thorough inspection before you make a deal. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3ippielb2022-05-30 16:40

    That machine was owned by a local road construction company, they have been known to run older equipment. But seem to keep them going, but once they got worn out, they only patched them back together to keep them going. I was watching that auction as well. Transporting that machine before June 15 may be a little more expensive if they are taking 9 month primary weight roads.