Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo ECR48C – hydraulic functions dead

WNCFarmer · 2026-07-04 21:07

Good evening, my Volvo ECR48C suddenly stop for all hydraulic, no sounds just stoped on the hydraulic functions, I called dealer and they had me check the pilot lock solenoid, 21C on this diagram, I check ohms on the solenoid and one is 24 and the other is 50ohms. I am getting 12v to the solinoid on the yellow wire but the machine hydraulic functions are dead. I bypassed the relay to the solenoid and checked all the fuses but I have voltage. Any thoughts on why the hydraulic functions are dead? It’s a 2007 model? I check the arm switch and it cuts the voltage off to the solenoid when up and 12v when down so the arm lock shows to be working.

Replies4
  1. #1Simon C2026-07-04 21:14

    Have you checked with a gauge to see if you have pilot pressure at the filter or if not is the pump drive gone. Start with the simple things first. Do you have access to guages to test? Simon C

  2. #2WNCFarmer2026-07-04 22:38

    Thanks Simon, I have not checked the pressure yet, I’ll start there and check the pilot at the block that the pilot lock solenoid is at?

  3. #3WNCFarmer2026-07-05 14:48

    Will there be pressure without the lock being released allowing pressure? Can’t remember how these Ecr48c pilot locks work, I do know when it was working as soon as you let the arm down the pedals jump/click with the pressure. What line/port should I test first?

  4. #4Simon C2026-07-05 14:51

    Right at the Pilot filter is a good place to test on some models. Some you can put a Tee fiting before or after the filter, depends how it is made. Simon C