Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo ERC38 Opinions

Mud ยท 2013-05-21 14:56

Still trying to decide on a mini to buy. Came across a rental fleet about 3 hours away with 3 2009 ECR38's for sale with cabs with hvac in them all have between 900 and 1100 hours on them and they are asking 26,900 for each. How is the quality on these units? I've read that parts can be pricey on them but if they are decent in overall quality I'd be ok with that. Main uses would be small digging jobs, farm use, and running a brush cutter. Worth driving three hours to go look at?

Replies3
  1. #1jack3452013-05-22 00:17

    I was getting ready to purchase a EC35 few years ago real nice ex from Volvo Rents. The control panel with the LED lights the lets you know fuel, temp ,etc had sun rot on the plastic overlay and it was hard to see gauges , asked dealer to replace lens and I would purchase. That was a deal breaker for dealer and me as the price was close to $3500-3600. The engine control unit, gauges were all tied together. Check electronics over very careful. Do you have a dealer near by thats always a plus.Check out http://www.machinerytrader.com They have a few ERC38's .

  2. #2Mud2013-05-22 16:50

    Yep I do have a dealer close by. Actually its the closest of any of the dealers in my area. Only about ten miles away.

  3. #3jack3452013-05-23 12:04

    The price seems good and Volvo make a good ex , I've noted that resale on Volvo is less than JD,kubota but if you're working the farm with it shouldn't be a problem ,let us know how you make out, Check with your local dealer they might be able to pick up the ERC38 for the price you want saving shipping.Some dealers have equipment going from one to the other and rather a truck come back empty they could haul that 38 if you're not in hurry.