Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo ew 160 B trouble shooting ecu

ashfaq · 2018-09-17 09:00

please help me out how to trouble shoot my TECU. VECU and ECU . What value should i get at which point .from trouble shooting manual. My engine starts and the machine is smooth but ENGINE WILL NOT REV UP I checked all the plugs and wires to ECU all properly hooked up . In manual mode the machines works but in Auto mode doesn't rev up with rotary knob. It has a code of 128 PID 91 9. The machine was even checked by volvo technician and many more but no help . i will appreciate if you can help me out . please reply on my email [email protected]

Replies7
  1. #1TVA2018-09-17 16:01

    Looks like your potentiometer is bad, or some how ECU not getting signal from it.

  2. #2ashfaq2018-09-17 23:58

    Potentiometer ?? Can you please let me know how to check it .

  3. #3TVA2018-09-18 01:01

    Do you own ohm meter, or multimeter? Do you know how to use it?

  4. #4ashfaq2018-09-18 01:53

    Yes I do have ohm meter . Please let me know where the potentiometer is and what resistance should I have . Please also advise how how to check ECUz and what voltage or resistance should I have and at which wire .

  5. #5TVA2018-09-18 02:02

    On the specs you gonna need a manual or someone who deals with Volvo’s all the time - I don’t! With ECU you check sensor check reference voltage ( usually 5 volts), check all the wires for connectivity, check all feeds and grounds. But as far as I remember FMI 9 is abnormall sensor value, so can be potentiometer lying or wiring shorted to ground or to B+.

  6. #6ashfaq2018-09-18 02:23

    Thanx. Any volvo lover can help with maintenance/ trouble shooting manual pleases

  7. #7ashfaq2018-09-18 04:44

    Hi I checked at j1939 it has .3 V It means its giving in mv not volts