Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo ew145b hard starting

Shahidsolangi49 · 2024-02-23 07:05

Hi goodday all! I am working on a Volvo excavator ew145b which was showing code 128 sid 22 3 I changed the speed sensor alongside the flywheel and cam sensor also. Now it does not have any fault code but machine has hard starting and when I removed the flywheel sensor in running machine engine stopped. What may be the possible cause. Any help will be appreciated!

Replies20
  1. #1funwithfuel2024-02-23 08:21

    Check the wiring to the crank sensor. Sometimes it gets rubbed through on the tin guard above the fuel lines. I've had injector harness get rubbed up there as well. If you're wanting to get "deep in the weeds" you could trace the circuit back to the ECU. I'll see if I can rustle up the schematic. EWs are kinda unique.

  2. #2Shahidsolangi492024-02-23 10:07

    Thanks @funwithfuel for your reply I have checked the harness seems nothing by visual and checked continuity between sensor and ecu But same problem!

  3. #3funwithfuel2024-02-23 10:57

    Please see attached. I've heard of discrepancy between EW schematics and those for the crawlers. I've attached both for comparison. Please let us know how you make out. Good luck

  4. #4Shahidsolangi492024-02-23 23:52

    I changed the cam sensor from new one to old one now it's working fine. I think there was a problem in the sensor connector or in the sensor itself(chinese manufactured). BTW issue solved Thanks alot! @funwithfuel

  5. #5Shahidsolangi492024-02-24 05:35

    Hey have a nice day @funwithfuel Do you have the full manual for this serial(you provided me earlier EW145B) or if only the wiring diagram please give it to me! You will be blessed!

  6. #6funwithfuel2024-02-24 08:09

    Unfortunately Volvo is very proud of their service literature and online information is pieced out "as needed." If you need something, post up. Myself or one of the other fellas with Volvo knowledge will step up and lend a hand as best we can.

  7. #7Shahidsolangi492024-02-24 08:17

    If wiring diagram available for that serial then please it's link! Thanks in advance!

  8. #8funwithfuel2024-02-24 08:18

    Please attach your serial number so that I can get you correct information. There are several breaks in production.

  9. #9Shahidsolangi492024-02-24 08:23
  10. #10Shahidsolangi492024-02-24 23:53

    Attached the serial number whose wiring diagram I need @funwithfuel Thanks for your reply!

  11. #11Shahidsolangi492024-09-27 09:46
  12. #12Shahidsolangi492024-09-27 09:47

    @funwithfuel attached the serial of machine please help if you or anybody else can!

  13. #13funwithfuel2024-09-27 09:51

    What circuit are you having trouble with, the schematics are broken down into functions. Please advise

  14. #14Shahidsolangi492024-09-27 09:52

    Vecu and eecu

  15. #15funwithfuel2024-09-27 09:55

    So are you having a comms error? Help me get you what you need

  16. #16Shahidsolangi492024-09-27 09:59

    Thanks for your reply! Cabin harness is got fired near vecu now I wants to repair and then check it's connections with eecu and iecu.

  17. #17funwithfuel2024-09-27 10:40

    That's going to be a big challenge. I will have to send a lot of documents. This is gonna be a bit. Should be able to get it all together by Monday.

  18. #18Shahidsolangi492024-09-27 11:31

    OK I will wait till that time I will remember if forgotten Thanks in advance!

  19. #19Shahidsolangi492024-09-30 05:32

    Hello have a nice day! @funwithfuel please help me In the above mentioned problem! Thanks in advance!

  20. #20mce58022024-10-01 13:58

    Hello, I don’t post here much n I don’t mean to interrupt a thread but not sure what I’m doing. I started a thread asking about a link belt swing/left tracking issue last night and haven’t had one response. Like my post is hidden or something? I messaged on the help center, no answer anyone got any ideas? Again, sorry for interrupting your thread