Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE CX135SR in limp mode

d4dozer ยท 2024-02-23 01:19

Hello all, does anybody have experience with a CASE 135SR (2010 with a bit over 4000 hours) going into limp mode. Ours was operating fine and the rev down button on the joystick was pressed and the check engine light came on and it went into limp mode. Repressing the button did not fix the issue. The local CASE dealership spent a day checking the machine concluding that the ECM "was probably faulty". We purchased a new ECM ($$$) and nothing has changed, the check engine light comes on and it remains in limp mode. It is unlikely that the second brand-new ECM also has the exact same fault. The machine was serviced at 4000 hours by the CASE dealership so all filters etc are new. Before I call a mechanic back again....I thought I would do a bit of digging, so any ideas would be appreciated. cheers

Replies5
  1. #1uffex2024-02-23 09:06

    Good day Most machines will record an error code in the event of a ECM fault, while a faulty sensor could feed incorrect information to the ECM. As with most, a hot machine for example will automatically switch to limp home. I suggest begin by checking for errors. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2d4dozer2024-02-24 08:45

    Thanks for your advice. The CASE dealership did just that, and the error code pointed to a communication error with the ECM ( U2106). When the brand ECM was installed, the problem did not go away. As the ECU has been replaced, its like, whats the next step. cheers

  3. #3KSSS2024-02-24 11:57

    Since you hit the decel and the issues started, I would start with that, I am not sure exactly what that looks like on that machine, but I am guessing it is an Isuzu engine. However it modulates the decel would be my first area to look at.

  4. #4LACHAU2024-02-25 00:58

    U2106 is the CAN bus communication error code between the main controller (computer A) and the engine controller (ECU). I suggest you ca refully check these two controllers' CAN network connection (wiring). pins: 6 & 14 of CN.C2 connector of Computer A. pins: 18 & 37 of CN.A0 connector of engine controller. See the attached pdf file for more details.

  5. #5d4dozer2024-02-25 05:52

    Thats looks most useful, thanks alot.