Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EW160 2000 hydraulic system X3 problem

Josveinjoensen · 2019-01-16 05:31

Hi I need diagrams for Volvo EW160 2000, both hydraulics and electrical diagrams. I think the problem is in the X3 valve. when working with the machine, and using much pressure, engine RPM go down, and can stall the engine.

Replies17
  1. #1funwithfuel2019-01-16 06:35

    Maybe a little more info might help others to help you. Are you using the slope and rotate function when this happens? Are you even equipped with X3? What functions work properly, which don't? I am not a wheeled excavator specialist, but I will help the best that I can

  2. #2TVA2019-01-16 07:05

    Does it stall the engine with bypass switch on? Does it do it with attachment only or does the same with other functions? TVC should prevent engine from stalling.

  3. #3uffex2019-01-16 07:53

    Good day Suggest you check Delta P Regards Uffex

  4. #4Milos 1232019-06-06 16:37

    Can anyone help me I have same problem did you solved yours ? Thanks in advice, Milos

  5. #5uffex2019-06-09 02:55

    Good day Milos Do you have a Perkins engine machine ?

  6. #6Tommy ew1602024-05-26 09:58

    [COLOR=var(--YLNNHc)] I have the same problem, has anyone managed to solve it? [/COLOR]

  7. #7Milos 1232025-01-16 04:31

    Same problem any solution?

  8. #8TVA2025-01-16 09:25

    I only have the suggestion: until you are 12000% sure that your engine performance is OK - don’t even start thinking about hydraulics. It can get expensive really quick, you will waste time and money, and your problem still will not be fixed. Start checking fuel and air intake system.

  9. #9Milos 1232025-01-16 09:28

    Yes Perkins engine on it, sometimes it stall RPM, I fell like machine will turn off but is just from time to time..

  10. #10Chris10an2025-05-09 17:40

    Hello what is delta p Reg Chris

  11. #11Chris10an2025-05-09 17:40

    Have you got any solution for this problem?

  12. #12funwithfuel2025-05-09 17:41

    Pressure differential between LS & pump output

  13. #13Chris10an2025-05-09 17:41

    Hello did you get this fixed?

  14. #14Chris10an2025-05-09 17:43

    Sorry for my unknowns but what is Ls?

  15. #15funwithfuel2025-05-09 18:15

    Load sense . It is the signal generated by control valve to tell the pump how much flow to send it's way

  16. #16Chris10an2025-05-10 01:42

    This sounds to good to be true. Du you or someone knows where this is located on the machine? It’s been stuck since 2015 this machine

  17. #17funwithfuel2025-05-10 08:31

    Let's do this right. Please open a new thread . Describe the problem you are experiencing. Don't forget to include model and serial numbers. While it's easy to say ,"I have the same problem." It rarely works out that way. Please also, be honest and share what experience you have with equipment. Working on, operating, etc. Give an honest assessment of where you feel your skill level is. Modern fuel systems and hydraulics have serious risks associated with troubleshooting. I ask this because we want to help you with your problem, but at the same time, we don't want anyone getting hurt.