Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EW180B Parking Break Low Pressure Warning

Mother Deuce ยท 2019-04-18 15:39

Was running machine today and shut it off/ When turned back on there was an error code: Parking break low pressure with the following code came up: 1 30 PPID 1082 1 Having trouble with machine safety lock out on left control pedestal. Have new switch in hand. Machine was working as designed. I shut it off for lunch, came back after lunch started traveling and immediately the error came up. Has anyone had a problem like this or can my safety switch be responsible for it? Sorry, forgot to get serial number

Replies7
  1. #1Ben Witter2019-04-18 16:48

    Do you mean PPID 1092? If so it registers park break pressure to with the brake released. Could be a bad pressure switch or connector/harness. Also could be leakage in the circuit

  2. #2Mother Deuce2019-04-18 17:18

    possibly, 1092... it seemed to me that the parking brake was dragging a bit when I moved the machine backward and forward. Is the connector harness possibly related to the safety lockout switch I am having trouble with ?

  3. #3Mother Deuce2019-04-18 17:22

    Serial Number EW180BV8751488

  4. #4Ben Witter2019-04-18 21:01

    No the park brake pressure switch on the solenoid block SE5501 The safety switch and harness have nothing to do with it

  5. #5Mother Deuce2019-04-18 21:46

    Thanks Ben! I appreciate the response. It gives me a place to start!

  6. #6uffex2019-04-19 14:19

    Good day If you have low park brake release issue I suggest you get the release pressure checked out before and additional damage occurs. Kind regards Uffex

  7. #7Mother Deuce2019-04-19 17:55

    Thanks Uffex... We were just talking about that about an hour ago. The plan is I believe is to get a Volvo field wrench to come check it out on the job... can't really down it and ship it to the shop. I need the machine and were not big fans of running them to destruction. Hopefully Monday!