Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EW180C slew bearing bolts PN

pados1002 · 2025-10-22 13:33

Hi guys, summer is gone, and since the work has settle a bit, I will perform a really good maintenance on my excavator. If you check my threads, you 'll see issues that I had with my main control valve and a bucket cylinder. Cylinder was repaired, no problem. It 's time for MCV and pump to visit the workshop and maybe they have a chance to improve. However the biggest job that I will perform is replacement of main slew bearing. I know heavy job. But I have a really good team for this job. I have the bearing but what I m missing is the the bolts part number. I don't want to call the Volvo service yet, because I really hated their way of treating myachine. Actually is it recommended to have the bolts replaced when you re replacing the bearing? Thanks in advance!

Replies4
  1. #1Lagwagon2025-10-24 07:29

    How old is the machine and how many hours?

  2. #2pados10022025-10-24 07:42

    @Lagwagon The machine is a 2008 model with around 11.000h

  3. #3Lagwagon2025-10-25 21:43

    Reuse the bolts, ensure you use a threadlocker compound and tighten with 7ft wrench extension to as tight as you can, that is…..ONE man’s strength.

  4. #4pados10022025-10-26 05:03

    Ok man thanks for the advice! It definitely took a ONE man's strength to unbolt just one of them to check!