Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo Excavator

cat3208 ยท 2013-05-24 15:09

Here is link to Volvo's new cab design? http://www.theconstructionindex.co....vos-step-safe-cab-to-be-launched-at-plantworx

Replies9
  1. #1bigrus2013-05-25 03:23

    A good idea for entry and exitiing the cab.

  2. #2brianbulldozer2013-05-25 09:38

    Whenever asked when I plan to retire, my standard response is "when I can't get from my walker to the excavator cab". Great idea, now I can work up until the day I croak.

  3. #3cat32082013-05-25 10:14

    I bet the safety folks in NZ or Australia, would love that cab to be on all hoes!!! Those officials love guard railings-so how about this cab? OHSHA would also love it I am sure! Very good but costly idea... Thanks!

  4. #4Canuck Digger2013-05-25 22:46

    Good idea, but realy? how much added to the price tag? More stuff to go wrong/break/fix? What ever happened to the 3 point stands/climb?

  5. #5Scrub Puller2013-05-25 23:55

    Yair . . . Bloody hell! I woulda thought if you're going to put on a hydraulic cab the thing ought to go up so you can see into trucks when loading on the flat . . . seriously though is this for real? Even at my age I would be embarrassed to use it . . . if digger jockeys are getting so unfit they need this kind of B/S (and it is seen to be a good idea) we are in bigger trouble than I thought. Cheers.

  6. #6Oxbow2013-05-26 01:13

    :iagree

  7. #7lantraxco2013-05-26 02:05

    LMAO! Safety? Just wait, some lughead will find a way to crush himself before coffee or smoosh a laborer under the cab at the end of his shift. :badidea

  8. #8cat32082013-05-26 04:03

    Well, Volvo has demo equipment that angles the cab upwards. So the cab we talking about is probably going to make it into production, some year soon. The safety rules are going to get pretty tight in the years to come... It could be mandated? Thanks... http://www.volvoce.com/construction...t/highreachdemolition/Pages/introduction.aspx

  9. #9cat32082013-05-26 04:16

    Well, Volvo already has demo equipment that angles the cab upwards. So the cab we talking about is probably going to make it into production, some year soon. The safety rules are going to get pretty tight in the years to come... It could be mandated? Thanks... http://www.volvoce.com/construction...t/highreachdemolition/Pages/introduction.aspx