Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 312B part numbers

mrh1966 · 2013-05-24 05:52

Hi all............I have a Cat 312B 1998 s/n 9hr02634 on an island in the Bahamas..........I have just been out for a week from the UK to work this machine and have come back with a couple of issues...........the first is with the hydraulic radiator, this seems to have sprung a leak, thus blowing hydraulic oil over the engine and everywhere else!!!!.....has anyone got a part number for the radiator please?.........also the track tensioner grease nipple......it is quite long........about 2 inches..........it had decided to stop accepting grease, so the track is very slack and I don't want the track to come off again!!!!!!!!!!............I could do with the part number for this as well please.........thanks in advance for any help....

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2013-05-24 07:19

    I'll start with a caveat. This machine is a grey market excavator originally sold for the Japan market. There is no Parts Manual for it in the system. The cross-references to a European or US-built machine can sometimes be wrong. According to the system the cross-referenced parts reference manual for your machine is XEBP7665 for a non-Japanese machine of prefix 2NS, 3FS, 8JR, or 9GR. I used 2NS. The hydraulic cooler core appears to be 118-9949. the track tensioner grease fill valve appears to be 095-2927

  2. #2mrh19662013-05-24 07:39

    Hi Nige...........once again you have come to my rescue!!!!!!........dont quite know where i will get the radiator from yet.......meaning UK or US, depends on price difference.........we have a container due to go out to the Bahamas from the UK with a 5-6 ton mini excavator and 3 ton dumper with the track parts that you so kindly helped me out with last time,plus materials for gabions etc.....bit of a repair job when i go out again!!!!!!..........one more thing I forgot to mention......there is a small pipe on the exhaust system which connects to the turbo via a triangular plate with 3 bolt, this then connect to the exhaust box via a clamp with 2 bolts........this little pipe has a hole in it at the clamp end........you wouldn't by any chance have the part number for this???....it has a new box on which was replaced about one year ago..........i have a photo on my phone if it helps...........cheers

  3. #3mrh19662013-05-24 08:06

    Just been on to Caterpillar (Finnings) in the Uk re the hydraulic radiator.....£1600 + vat!!!!!.........none available at any Cat dealer in the world!!!!!....... anyone any ideas where I might be able to get one.........in the UK or Florida area of USA.....cheers

  4. #4Nige2013-05-24 09:52

    Finning are rooting you. My local delaer quotes US$1439 + 18% Sales Tax which equals £955 + Tax. Bit of a difference, right..? Can you find a radiator repair shop on the Island that can reliably weld aluminium..?

  5. #5mrh19662013-05-24 10:42

    Thought they might be.....it works out at around £1920.....then we have to ship it there.......too big for hand luggage!!!!! wish i could but bahamians are not known for their reliability or speed for that matter!!......where is your local dealer and do they have them in stock as I have people in the US who could organise pick up etc..............in the long term it is cheaper to replace thing on the island as repairs tend to fail!!!!..........island is a private one ......13 acres....nearest island is harbour island.........Nassau 20 min flight away!!!!...