Friday we just had a Volvo FC2421C roll into our dealership, it is a very interesting machine, supposedly it is a EC240C undercarriage and a EC210C Upper, I will try to get some pics Monday when I go to work. I was woundering if anyone had heard of this or is this one of the first ones.
Hi DirectTech. Our Volvo salesman told us about this one a month ago. They are starting to produse this one as a competitor to the other brands short overhang/low radius machines.(like the Cat 328D LCR) If i am not wrong this one was shown at Bauma, cause our salesman talked about it when we where there too. Looks like there is a growing marked for theese type of machines.
Look forward to the pics DirecTech and to find out how it is equipped... I'm guessing that this is aimed specifically for the forestry market?
From what I understand the machine that we have is going to get a grapple on it but there is wide variety of attachments that can be put on it, also talk around our shop is that our V.P. was working with Volvo on this type of machine for sometime, the thing is a beast.
I don't see why it would have a 240 undercarriage and a 210 upper. Possibly a smaller machine with more stability ?? Right now, we are renting a 240 with a hammer. Seems like a good machine.
rino, a few of the manufacturers do this, if the higher class swing motor and swing box are matched with the heavier circle bearing/ring gear from the 240 it makes for a much more durable machine with good swing power. In the woods the bigger undercarriage, and more powerful final drives and motors come in useful too.
Here are a few pics of the machine
Nice Pics That is an interesting machine, great pics. We just got a 210 and the thing has definately got some muscle for a smaller machine.
the counterwieght on that machine looks huge, the one my grampa right now is renting (210FX) has a very short tail swing compared to that one
The reason the counterweight looks so large is that there is a second fuel tank mounted in front of the counterweight.
Nice looking machine... those 'hand rails' are huge