Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo G946

xkv8tor ยท 2015-01-06 22:33

Does anyone have any idea how to adjust the hydraulic flow/speed to a hydraulic wing on a Volvo G946? Machine has dedicated controls for the wing, we are not robbing them from something else. Trying to raise the wing faster and not destroy mailboxes/signs/delineators. Local Volvo dealer that set this thing up new for me says that it cannot be adjusted? It is a Falls wing. Thanks, xkv8tor

Replies2
  1. #1Fatgraderman2015-01-12 23:03

    You might be able to slow it down with a orifice in one of the lines I guess, but I don't know of any way to speed it up. We usually just pull in around them up here. That way we can keep our speed up.

  2. #2MKTEF2015-01-21 15:28

    First of all, what type of controls do you have? If you got the joysticks it can be adjusted electronicaly in/on the control box.(ours is, but we got the pre-series system) If i remember it right, and if its connected to the rear hydraulic sentral, its controlled by one electronic lever. I belive that one is programmable in vcads. By programmable i mean width of center area, steepness of the opening and max opening of the valve. I dont know the falls wing, but there is also a trick to get hyd sylinders to go real fast out. Connect both sides of piston and add pressure..