I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem. The hourmeter in the digital display on our L70B seems to be running when the loader is shut off. The display shuts off and there are no lights on when the loader is shut off, but the next time it is started and you select hours, you can tell it hasn't stopped counting. I don't know if there is a key problem or if something else is up. Any help would be appreciated. :beatsme
Had a similar problem with a 220E. Had to get a volvo mechanic to come down and plug a computer into it.
Seen this before, 9/10 it will be the alternator on the way out. Plug it out first just to make sure the clock stops
Jam, if I understand your post, 90% of the time the cause of this problem is the alternator is failing. I don't seem to be having a charging problem. Can you expand on what you are saying is going on?
The hour clock uses a feed wire from the alternator to meter the hours. A fault in the alternator keeps this wire live and the clock ticking. Pull out the multi plug and the clock should stop