Has anyone got some more advice? 'Onearmedbandit' has already been helpful. I have changed the radiator core on a L120D, but the loader is now shutting down when it gets too hot. The radiator supplier tells me that the core is right, but its for an L120, not a D, can anyone direct me to the specific difference between the radiator cores? I dont have the original core, it went to scrap. What would be really good is if someone had the actual manufacturer specifications , particularly the cooling capacities, for the two cores. I would be eternally grateful. Cheers.
Are you filling your radiator through the tank on top of the engine? Did you check the fan and make sure it hasn't been reversed? I think it can be done from the instrument panel, as I have that option on my L90E. Another thing that happens is people blow the coolers behind the radiator out with high pressure air hose and bend the metal between the tubes. This restricts the flow of air. You might also check the sensor as it may have become damaged in the change of radiators
I forgot one more thing. Have you actually checked the water temperature with a thermometer?
hi onearmedbandit again i forgot to mention that if you have hyd coolers and a/c rads in front of the engine rad it is possible to be blocked between these with airbourne debris ? this requires the rads to be seperated and visually checked,mikey 531 is partially correct as the fan can programmed to run in reverse but only at given intervals and only for short periods,when you refilled the system did you "bleed" the engine of trapped air ?? or drain all the coolant out and start again but fix a water hose to the remote drain pipe and slowly fill the system till the correct level is reached,dont overfill the system and try that,best of luck