I have a volvo loader with some trans issues it was throwing a shift solenoid code. When this loader was purchased when it reached operating temp would not shift. I changed 2 shift solenoids problem improved then would not shift in 3rd or reverse. I then changed the solenoids for 3rd and reverse the loader will not even go in gear now but is now throwing a slipping clutches code. The machine is not throwing a shift solenoid code since i have changed 4 of the 6 shift solenoids but will no longer go in any gear can anyone help me out?
On the right of the dash is a rotary switch APS. Place it in man or wrench symbol. Now you have manual control of the trans. Whatever gear you put it in us where it will be. So if you choose fwd 4 you're in 4th gear forward bypassing 2nd and 3rd. The default start gear in fwd and rev is 2nd . You have to hit kickdown or preselect 1st to ever use 1st. One gear or multiple gears will error "slippage" if you've crossed a pigtail.
Will check Monday thanks for the info I have been driving myself mad with this thing.
I will have to get a wiring schematic for those solenoids:
Would anyone happen to have a diagram so I can see if a pigtail was crossed?
I did put it in manual and I am getting a slip in clutches code.
What does the oil look like or smell like? What are your clutch pressures? You could have a problem with the speed sensors and wiring. You may have to run a calibration.
No calibration on an E model. If you clean the connectors up at the metal mounting plate, they are each marked SA- SE . Those markings will correspond with the cast identification in the shift valve. I hope this helps.
Ok I replaced whole harness for transmission and replaced trans pressure sensor still having same issue. Transmission fluid looks good I even split old transmission filter and checked internals no metal and fluid does not smell burnt any other suggestions? Thanks for al the input
Also getting a low brake pressure warning not sure if it has anything to do with my same issue.
Did you verify that connector SA goes to solenoid SA and all the way to SE
I will double check that I was able to actually see the lettering on the connectors on the new harness.
What puzzles me is that when I first got this loader it would shift until it got warm then it would stop and throw a shift solenoid code but after changing the solenoids it won’t shift at all and throw a different code for transmission clutch slip.
Hoping the connectors are just crossed.
Just checked all connections are correct on shift solenoids
What about the charge pump on transmission?
Pump is behind torque converter. Just like a car. What gear is throwing the slippage error?
What hours are on machine? Any pressures tested?
Did you get to the bottom of this issue?
Any update on this problem did you solve it I have same problem, can someone help ?