I was sent to a volvo L220e that will not start without a ton of ether ( as per owner). Checked fuel filters, overflow valve, has new feed pump, and 45 psi cranking fuel pressure 155 cranking rpm and very little to no smoke as it cranks. He got it going using the starter fluid method and it will restart warm but it misses a little on restart and cranks for 7 seconds before it starts (warm) any idea where to go from here?
is it cold/ cool where you are now? pre heater not working? just from you saying it starts a little easier if already run for a bit.
Weather report is showing -10* F for the location listed.
Yes it works and it is -31c today and was -22 last when i was out there
I am going out today and checking all grounds and connection to start eliminating some possible troubles
Any errors?, cam sensor fault could be why it cranks for a while before starting, 3 bar fuel press at crank is ok, is there any air /combustion gases in the bleed line from cyl head? does eng sound ok when running ? over use of ether can cause many problems.
the company I work for sucks I don,t even have a service manual. I am expected to fix all unaided and I do mostly. Volvo is kind of new to me I couldn't seem to figure any way to access codes like a hitachi etc. No exhaust or antifreeze in the fuel. started it on ether. How many times or how long have used the starter fluid trick is unknown