Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo L60E Fluids

spjr729 ยท 2020-01-09 21:54

I have a Volvo L60E wheel loader. Can I put Mobilfluid 424 in the transmission. It calls for Dexron II or III which isn't available anymore. Looks like the Mobilfluid 424 is equivalent. Also, it calls for ISO 46 in the hydraulic system, can I run the Mobilfluid 424 in that as well? Thanks Looking for alternatives to Volvo products particularly wanting: Mobil, Tractor Supply (Travellers), AC Delco, Napa I see the Mobil 424 is direct replacement for the wb101 which goes in the rears but read it's for transmissions and hydraulic systems which makes me think I can run it in all 3. Transmission, hydraulic system and rears It's hard to find good information on these machines

Replies4
  1. #1funwithfuel2020-01-11 09:57

    424 goes in axles and hydraulic tank, not trans. The clutch packs dont like it. BTW, running 424 reduces service intervals to 1k on axle . If you use super wet brake WB102 you can drag that out to 2k dont forget to figure that in when considering overall cost.

  2. #2funwithfuel2020-01-11 10:01

    Swing by member introductions, say hi and tell everyone why you're here and what you're up to.

  3. #3spjr7292020-01-11 10:01

    Ok, I bought Travellers ISO 46 hydraulic oil at Tractor Supply for the hydraulics and called Mobil for there recommendations and they said Mobil ATF D/M for the transmission. Said it's compatible with the Dexron 2 and 3. So I ordered that too. So it would've been ok to put the 424 in the hydraulic tank. Good to know. Thanks

  4. #4funwithfuel2020-01-11 10:06

    Yep we only carried 424 for those 2 applications,For that reason. D-M just means dexron mercon for gm and ford. The rest of us just call it dexron.