Hi . I have a L70B loader Volvo and the transmition dont want too shift. I Bypass the ECM and it work for few day and now stuck in 4th gear. The Red light on ECM dont flash or anything. Someone have same issues and know if its other thing than ECM cause it cost 5400$$. Thx, Tristan ! Ps : I speak French main language and little bit English so sorry about error and thing like that !
Sorry Tristan, missed your posting. Are you still working on this loader? If you are, could you post pics of your ECM and the gear selector switch. Its older equipment but I'll help the best I can
Yes I work on it. Some development, the fuse in ecm crash every time so I develop on checking wiring and some sensor on transmission. For be honest I miss this fuse, but now I'm pretty sure the ecm is good and it's more a wiring problem what you think ?
A quick way to find out is to plug in the ecm and unplug the harness at the transmission. If the fuse doesn't blow then plug in the transmission. If the fuse blows now then the problem is in the harness. If you have a digital volt meter you can check for continuity to ground at the fuse. One side of the fuse is battery voltage and the other is the circuit being protected. That will be the side of the fuse you want to check for continuity to ground.
Thx à lot i Will do those test and give you à feedback.
A common problem with machines that age is the actuator harness breaks down. The insulation of the wires just crumbles and falls away resulting in shorts. Do you have the black box with VME printed on it at your left knee or the shiny aluminum ecu on the back panel? I am attaching the diagrams for the more common B,C&D series loaders.
If you disconnect connector TA from circuit board , that should remove gear shift solenoids from ECU as a potential short. good luck, PLease keep us posted
Hi i have a L70D is it possible that you have an electrical diagram for that machine too? Reg Jan
No, I only have the schematics related to gear selection and activation. What is it you are looking for in particular. There are several guys now with Volvo service information who might be able to help
i have the message: "ERROR monitoring transmission oil pressure" and I need that part of the wiring diagram.
Here is more supportive information.
Great!! thank you Reg Jan