Hello all, I'm dealing with a Volvo L 90 straight machine. Serial number 60659. This machine has been stuck in fourth gear since the owner purchased it about a year ago. He has been loading dirt and mulch with it in his yard for the time being, but wants to push snow with it and with winter just around the corner he wants to get it fixed. He purchased a shift selector (on the column) and had me install it, but the same problem exist. Where should I start? Anybody have a lot of experience with Volvo B&M equipment? Thank you, Dion Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not familiar with this model ,but the old 70s with all the wiring beside your left knee had the option of bypassing the computer by swaping 1 or 2 plugs . I cant recall from my head which ones , but they might not be that hard to spot . I had to rewire the transmission on a 70 ,the heat hadit in tatters .
Volvomad, thank you for your response. Anyone else have this kind of experience. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Have you tried swapping the wires on the solenoids in the range selector box to check to see if its the wiring/control side or the hydraulic/solenoid side that is the issue? would be as good a place as any to start.
I had one stuck in 3rd tried everything wiring,valvebody,even the computer could not find anything wrong. I drained the fluid and it looked great twice. I pulled the strainer in the bottom of the pan out no shavings. Stuck my hand in there and pulled out half of shaft ring like it had been cut perfectly in half At that point a reman was on order and the cab was coming off
Did you ever find the problem? I’m currently having the same issue with a l90 serial number #L-90V61019
Nine years since the post was put up and no solution was advertised. Maybe someone else will chime in. Mean time do you have any manuals as without it will be very difficult. Pressure testing the specific clutches would be a good start, to see if fluid is being sent where it ought not. Simon C
I don’t have any of them I would have them if it wasn’t Saturday. I’m currently only getting power sent to the fourth gear solenoid and when I tried to take the power from the harness that was going to that and jump it to the second gear solenoid it doesn’t work so I’m going to swap the stem and see if that works because all I really need to accomplish is to get this machine to stay in second gear hopefully