Has any one ever rebuilt or replaced an L90C engine? I see one online that says it needs it and wounder if it's worth the effort plus it needs new tires all around and maybe more with 10K hours on it .
In short, good machine, engine should be able to rebuild it fairly cheap, as for prices not sure what your looking at!
we have a L90c with 24000 hrs on it everything is original but the engine and it is about a 2.5 day job if everything goes right very good machine and 10000 hrs is nothing to worry about
I have an L120C on the stand right now, we have done several in the past year, they are fairly easy to rebuild, but if VOLVO parts are used the cost to do it RIGHT can run upwards of 12-15K. As a dealer we only use OEM parts, but VOLVO offers an excellent reman program with very good warranty. FYI alot of the C-models are running around with 20,000 + hours.
Need buy Swivel wood clamp for Volvo L90C Dear All, We are trading company in Vietnam. Now, customer want to buy Swivel Wood Clamp for Volvo L90C as below: Type: WLA82132 SWC (19.4 ft2 SWC GR) complete but excluded hydraulic motor. Q'ty: 01 set. Looking forward to hearing from your feedback soonest. If you have further information, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks & Best Regards DO ANH HAI (Mr.) HAIVIET ENGINEERING - SERVICES CO., LTD. No. 58/11, 47 St., Thao Dien Ward, 2 Dist., Hochiminh City - Vietnam Tel: (84) 8 22401286 DID: (84) 8 22367638 Fax: (84) 8 35192042 Mobile - Local call: 0903144189 Mobile - Oversea call: (84) 903144189 E mail: [email protected] Skype: do.anh.hai Yahoo: anhhai1905
Checked out a Volvo 1985 L90 today, 15k on the clock. When looking at the engine, the salesman said it must have been a replacement as it was not painted yellow, it was a blue or green colour. Is this true? The engine ran well and sounded good but I would be nervous about the hours if the engine was original.
The volvo engines in those loaders were painted that greenish color from the factory. Prob original with that many hours, prob has some more left. The engine is a TD61 rebuild kits run between $2500-$3000, more if you do fuel system. I have done 3 over the past few years, simple and durable engine. I believe the same TD61 is used in the A,B and C model loaders.
+1 on original engine painted green. have seen 2 L50s with the engines painted green, might you one of these had 18k hrs on the clock and was in need of an overhaul, would still start first twist of the key
Thats what I was afraid of, engine starts good and doesn't smoke but if that engine is original it will need a rebuild sooner than later. There are also issues with the quick attach bracket on the bucket, looks like someone cut out the plate with a torch and did his first welding job. It was so bad I was surprised the bucket didn't peal off when I tried the loader out. Looks like they kept the forks (previous owner was a sawmill) and they found an old bucket from another machine and stuck it on just to trade it. Thanks for the info, I'll stay away from this one.
If the price was rite id say take a chance, i have seen these engines run strong up to 30,000 plus hours!!
You can't go wrong with VOLVO. They are good machines and i have seen them out work just about any other brand.
my friend works at a junkyard/metal recycling place. They own 6 volvos, the oldest being a 94 L150 with 33,450 on the clock. Original engine, smokes a bit on startup but doesnt even need the pre heater. I was floored when i heard that. I then bought an l180 with 11,000 on the clock and has no oil leaks, no blowby to speak of, a very strong group of loaders.
You cant go wrong with an L90c, I just rebulit one that had 30,000 hours on it and it was still pretty clean inside. The kit was fairly cheap and the build was easy. I say go for it!!
Sorry, I see I replied already.
I need an engine for a L70. I bought one that is missing the engine. Not having any luck finding one. Does anyone know where to find one? It's a TD45B engine. I called all the dismantlers on Machinery Trader that showed to have a L70 parted out but had no luck.
I'l check what is available on this side of the pond for you tomorrow, shipping might be costly but i would be surprised if there is non here! It'll give you another option atleast!
You must have a L70 "a" model, unfortunately they only used that 4 cylinder in that model. The b's and later used a 6 cylinder, going to be hard to find in the states. Make sure to look under Michigan L70 also.
No wonder I'm having a hard time. I've got another L70A, it runs perfectly. Real nice loaders. I'll keep looking, but maybe I need to stuff a JD engine in it.
Those where great engines, I rebuilt one back in the mid 90's. The smaller "a" models used Perkins, that little Volvo was one of the smoothest 4 cylinders I've been around.
Sometimes our engine guys have complete ones ready or sometimes used, if you want message me and I can give you a # for one of the techs.
Is there any recomended hours for an engine overhaul or just bearing replacment on L70/90 A to E, the L90E having a Deutz engine? Running 4 machines all close to 20k on the clock ,I dont want to run a bearing. All machines serviced regularly from new.
Best thing to do is oil samples, contaminated oil will let you know if there are problems to address. Seems head bolts letting go when engines go over the 20,000hr mark are the biggest problem I've seen.
L90C Volvo Tranny problems I purchased a L90C Volvo loader a week ago. The transmission seemed to shift fine when i tested the machine but i was unable to get it i 4th gear on the test run because there was not enough space to run it out. After receiving the loader i run it out on the road(i use it for snow removal). It will only do 30km/h my other L90 and L70 will do close to 50km/h. The other gears seem a little weak. Could this be a valve, screen, or spring type problem? I am taking it in to the dealer to test the pressure. They told me it would be at least $12,000 to rebuild it! Any ideas on something to try other than right to rebuild? thanks
I had a L90b give kind of the same problems years ago, spring in the valve body needed replaced with a new firm one. Make sure you have some body very good with trans problems working on it.
I agree ive maintained L120c and L70c wheel loaders up to 40,000 hrs with no major rebuilds. (Only brakes) no engine or transmission work nessesary!!!! High quality machine indeed !!!! Would highly recomeend to anyone. Yatesy
I just worked on a L90C in a concrete plant that has 33987hrs on the original engine and all original major components. I was shocked!!!
Hi wildhorse, Do you still have contacts for Volvo TD45B engines. I live in NZ and am looking to purchase a good runner, or even a re-con one? Regards,
I too am looking for any info on finding a rebuilt TD45B engine. The one that I have needs to be rebuilt and has a bad valve in the cylinder head. Have not pulled engine out yet. I have tried to email several companies around the world with no luck yet on a reman engine. Found complete new engine kits and used parts. Just not a complete reman long block. If anyone has any info my email = [email protected] Lancer
i have a l90 volvo engine is destroyed going to change engine out but fly wheel has drive gear as part of fly wheel, can,t take of to bolt on another fly wheel . where could i get one that bolts on has 72 teeth.
Hello we have a l70c and it's engine is TD63
cook equipment in michigan has a huge volvo inventory. i would try them