Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo L90C Low brake pressure light

L90Cloader ยท 2015-03-23 10:04

With a pressure gauge on it reads 2200psi hit the brakes it drops to 700psi and the light comes on.

Replies6
  1. #1cuttin edge2015-03-23 18:20

    Do your brakes work....I don't think I've ever been in a Volvo loader that didn't give a brake pressure warning. My L70 gave me a BP warning when I started it this morning. It stays on until I start driving. I let it warm up for about 20 min because of the cold. Sometimes when I get back in, I have an injection system failure message, and it will go into limp mode. I just shut it down, and re-start, and I am on my way. I am a big fan of Volvo equipment, but I do find that there are always codes. 99% of the time they are harmless, but my L70, and the 4 L90s are all the same.

  2. #2L90Cloader2015-03-23 21:50

    They do work, but unless your very easy on the pedal they almost lock up. Everything is pointing to the brake accumulators.

  3. #3cuttin edge2015-03-24 10:50

    You're sure to get a helpful reply. Just depends how busy everyone is. We mostly get the dealer to do anything like that where I work. They figured out years ago, that for the price, it's faster. Our mechanics just do service, small repairs, and emergency stuff. I actually saw the Cat man working on their 1984 D7G this summer. Hope you figure it out.

  4. #4Volvomad2015-03-27 21:54

    You should get 4+ presses of the brakes to drop that much pressure . Does it hold accumulated pressure with the engine off ? It could be accumulators but they are usually fairly reliable . If they come off easy , check them with a portapower pump and pressure guage . You are not leaking into one of the axles?

  5. #5L90Cloader2015-03-29 10:29

    The pressure leaks of slowly with the engine. If you hit the brakes one time with the engine off pressure goes to zero.

  6. #6Steve 6502015-04-03 19:28

    bad accumulator, remove-check and repair...