Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo MCT 135C issue

JJC_Mech ยท 2023-05-16 19:39

Hello, I am working on a Volvo MCT135C skid loader. It has JCB Ecomax engine. I have a malfunction light on and a low power complaint. There are trouble codes present for all four injectors that say the MDP is unable to update due to environmental conditions. There are no other codes present. The only other things I noticed are that the MAF reading is not particularly stable and that after the machine was left off all night the reading of the exhaust temp sensor was around 350 degrees according to our laptop. I am wondering what conditions need to be met to allow the ECM to update the injector flow, or if there are any other issues that could cause the problem that we are having. The serial number of the machine is GE0135TZLH2429406 and the engine serial number is U0625717. Any guidance that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Replies4
  1. #1lpietroski2023-11-28 18:05

    Hey I was wondering if you ever figured this out I'm having the exact same issue with my volvo mct 125c

  2. #2lpietroski2023-12-01 22:08

    Hey did you ever figure out the problem I'm having the same issue on my skid steer and the dealer dropped the product because it's a jcb support is nor really out there

  3. #3JJC_Mech2024-05-18 12:48

    Sorry for the late reply, we were shut down for the winter and I was doing everything I could except for work. What we ended up doing was having a tech come out from Volvo and update the engine software. Since these machines are a combonation of Volvo and JCB it takes a special proprietary program. According to the tech, they were working on a comercial release of the software, but last I heard it is not yet avaliable. We also changed out an intake manifold pressure sensor, I belive. It is located right where the EGR crossover dump back in to the manifold. Its almost the same sensor as they have on the D13 engines, and it gets clogged with soot just the same way. The tech said we should replace the crossover tube as well as he didn't like the look of it, and I went ahead and did that too because we were essentially already at that point. After all of that it worked fine for a while. Sometimes on a long day it would still go into derate, or at least appear to, but a key cycle would reset it and it could be used again with no issues for an extended period of time. Overall, I don't really think its fixed, but it is functional. Basically what it seems to come down to is software. Depending on when/if this consumer software rolls out is pretty much going to be the deciding factor on us actually keeping these machines, there just isn't enough support out there for the Volvo models to really keep them running, and despite the fact that it is the same machine JCB really won't touch them. If you need any other information I can look through my notes and see we have any.

  4. #4lpietroski2024-05-18 15:57

    I finally figured it out well the dealer did since it was a jcb product not volvo the dealer had a hard time diagnosing it called in jcb and the software it has was corrupt flashed it with jcb software machine is good as new 3000 in parts thrown for nothing but it's fixed now