Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo mct135c oil drain plug

brando549 ยท 2017-09-21 21:59

Hello Could anyone tell me where the access is to the oil drain plug on this machine? I have the hose that supposedly attaches for draining. Thank You

Replies10
  1. #1skata2017-09-22 00:25

    is there an access panel underneath?

  2. #2brando5492017-09-22 08:21

    There might be. It's on tracks so its very low to the ground. I was hoping there was another access that's easier than getting underneath it. I did find a hose behind an access plate toward the back of the left track but that just drains the water.

  3. #3Tags2017-09-22 21:07

    Run it up on some 6x6's and have a look under there. I imagine you'll find access plates and the drain plug above one of em'. It's not gonna jump out and bite you, you need to poke around a bit. An operator manual would be helpful....

  4. #4brando5492017-09-23 11:54

    I contacted my local dealership and they show an access plate toward the rear of the machine that mine doesn't have. There are two small plates that give access to the motor mounts but that's it. So I really don't know what to do now.

  5. #5skata2017-09-25 00:03

    drive the machine up some wood blocks and remove whatever panels you have underneath. there has to be some kind of access to the drain plug.

  6. #6brando5492017-09-25 08:48

    yeah I've got it up on blocks and been all over the underside. A couple of plates toward the back give access to motor mounts and one towards the front. I'm gonna keep investigating. Its just weird that the local volvo dealer show an access plate in the back underneath and mine doesn't have it. I've even had other people in the area look at it too and they are stumped as well.

  7. #7skata2017-09-26 11:39

    read this thread. maybe you have a hose to drain oil. HeavyEquipmentForums your volvo is basicaly a jcb in case it wasnt obvious.

  8. #8howsz2017-12-28 21:32

    yes it is a jcb you need the 16" hose that has the screw on fitting, that screws into the engine oil pan fitting opening it.

  9. #9dave esterns2018-02-22 21:18

    our unit had the access plate behind the rear tire. u stuck your arm in there and threaded the hose on and oil automatically drained. some of the access plates are accessible from the top side when you flip up the cab. but those are probably not what you need. you may have some luck calling the jcb factory in georgia, or send an email.

  10. #10funwithfuel2018-02-23 08:12

    Not much experience on mct bu mc135 had small access plate immediately behind L/R wheel. I would think track machine to be the same. You may have to clean between track and frame to see it. Another thing to be mindful of, the oil cooler is sandwiched between filter and filter head, this will sometimes try to come with the filter. There is no room in there, that is for sure. Last thing, compare the cap of the drain valve to the hose supplied. Volvo had been delivering machines with drain hose for Volvo vs JCB. JCB is smaller with different style valve depressor. Good luck.