Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo service display tool

excavator ยท 2013-05-22 23:16

I recently discovered a Volvo diagnostic tool I didn't remember having. The part number is 9993721 and it's called a Service display, used on several ADT's, excavators and wheel loaders. The tool catalog description is "troubleshooting, checking pressures, temperatures and revolutions." I'm looking for operating instructions or any other useful information on this tool. Thanks again.

Replies11
  1. #1billythebairn2013-06-02 01:51

    Hi , is this unit approx 8 inches long rectangular in shape with 4 buttons and a screen ?

  2. #2excavator2013-06-02 02:05

    Yes it is. Rectangular, 4 buttons and screen with about a 3 ft long cable.

  3. #3billythebairn2013-06-02 02:26

    sounds like you have what we call a contronic, i dont have any instuctions but can tell you how to operate unit, unit needs to be hooked up to m/c as this is where it gets power supply, only on older m/cs as new units dont have socket for connector, once hooked up and ignition on press both arrow keys at same time and screen will light up and unit should show details of m/c you are connected to, you can now use the arrow keys to scrool thru the options, you can check oil pressure, elec signals, error codes etc depending on what m/c you are hooked up to.

  4. #4krppbubbles2013-12-05 19:31

    Volvo Contronics Tool Do you use that tool often, or would you be interested in selling it. We have 4 Volvo loaders and that tool would be really helpful to us in diagnosing when we have issues with the loaders. My contact info if you are interested in selling it, [email protected] , 574.286.9765, Scott Krupp. Thanks, Scott.

  5. #5Bath Hubert2013-12-06 21:52

    I was reading that VIDA was required to reset the "General Maintenance Required" light and totally bummed about having to go to the dealer for this. You guys saved the day, got the light off and working on my parts order now. http://www.launch-x431-diagun.com/

  6. #6tazman442014-07-17 19:41

    do you still have this service tool?

  7. #7millartime2014-07-18 16:56

    Volvo Reader Hey Excavator...do you still have the reader??? John

  8. #8excavator2014-07-18 17:56

    I still have it but after closer inspection the screen is bad and when plugged in it does not boot up. Don't know if it is rebuildable?

  9. #9millartime2014-07-21 13:24

    More Info Hey Excavator, Can you send me some pics and part number and model of your [email protected] Would you still be interested in selling it?? John

  10. #10Former Wrench2014-07-21 15:21

    Here is something interesting that i ran across a few years back. I friend bought a new Volvo loader (4.5 yard) and had all sorts of problems. The tech was checking and replacing and it would still not run right; it was like it lost its mind. Then they pulled the ground cable at the frame and found that someone at the factory had painted the surface of the ground strap contact area. A little time with a file to make a shinny surface and no more problems.

  11. #11millartime2014-07-21 16:12

    I will try that, although, I believe it's more than that unfortunately... John