Im looking for a service manual for a volvo Ec240lc machine. I dont know any good sources to get one. Dont know who to trust on the internet. Thanks.
EC240B?
Install PROSIS
I have dealt with this place quite a bit. Sometimes the manuals are searchable and broken down with links to jump from section to section and sometimes you just have to scroll though the whole thing. Any of those places online are pretty much a crap shoot and sometimes you win sometimes you lose but for the price you have to weigh your options. That is probably a $1000 book if you call to your local dealer so for less than $50 it is worth the chance in my opinion Volvo EC240 LC EC240LC Excavator Full Service & Repair Manual Volvo EC240 LC EC240LC Excavator Full Service & Repair Manual This Professional Manual is a complete factory service repair workshop manual with no extra fees or expiry dates. It covers all repairs, servicing, and troubleshooting procedures with detailed photos, diagrams, step-by-step... www.emanualonline.com
I checked them out and I do agree with the crap shoot therory. I also have checked some reviews about them and alot has said that the file isnt very user friendly. This may be the route I take. Thank you for your thoughts
I just read my original post. The machine is a Volvo EC240CL. That is what the ID tag says but I also have been given info on this machine and the paperwork says EC240B. Im not sure what manual to purchase. Any insite would be helpful on which ID to go by. Thank you guys.
The B series had 3-4 sub generations. The C is it's own animal. If you post your serial number, I or others here can tell you what you're working with. I'm guessing a T3 240B. Also if possible, post a pic of your fuse panel and instrument panel.
Where do you purchase PROSIS at?
Machine vin is VCEC240CK00110895
So that's a straight up EC240C . It's a tier III machine with no "real" emissions controls but the benefits of common rail fuel system.
Can't help with a manual, but we can provide service information related to problems you might be having. There's 3 or 4 of us that speak Volvo fluently.
I send link PM
The Company that I just started working for had a person remove the control valve and shipped it out to be resealed. The person never marked any hydraulic lines and I believe there are lines crossed on the control valve. The stick retracts slow and the pump loads up, as the stick comes in slow if you bump the boom up while sticking in the stick runs normal and then slows down after a short while. Also the stick will drift in past the half way point with the machine running and control lever up but never dead heads.
Be very careful buying software online. I have had it happen to myself and i am sure others have also but when they remote in to your PC via TeamViewer or another remote access program to do the install they will add viruses and scrap to your system. Any PC I have that has software like that is used for that purpose only and is never connected to the internet unless there is someone helping from a remote desktop. Make sure to use a stand alone laptop just for this purpose. Thanks to other members here I have found a tech guy in the states I can trust but I do not think he is very big on volvo stuff
Thank you for that info. I havent bought any thing for that reason. I am gun shy.
Look behind the cab for a rotary valve that has a handle or piece of gex stock attached. Make sure it is all the way to one side or the other of the spring loaded lock button. It sounds like your pattern change valve is out of position
I can get you setup with Volvo PTT and Volvo ProSIS. Feel free to shoot me a PM. I am based out of the US.
We have checked that and it doesnt seem to be the problem but I will double check it again and try to verify the hoses are correct if the go to the valve.
Just Pm you. Thanks.
I double checked the control selector valve and this machine doesnt have one. I looked all over for it and there is not one present. We had a road mechanic out to work on this machine and we talked about it and I thought he found it and checked it.
See attached. These are the options your machine was "born with." Hoses should have part number stamped into the barrel crimp at either end. Good luck.
I have part break downs for the hoses and such but the model number says EC240B NCL so I dont believe they are for this machine. I also traced the pilot hoses from the control valve to the juctiin block behind the cab and according to the info I have all the hoses are located wrong but all the functions work with the proper joystick command minus the slow arm in problem. That is why I believe I have the wrong info.
I believe I can trace the hises out to the proper locations if I had the right break downs which I dont have.
Did you see the attached files? They show what your machine was fitted with as assembled.. BTW the line card says your machine was built without the pattern change valve. Sorry I asked you to look for nothing
I PM you.
I want to thank everone that help me through this project. I was able to get the info I needed and was able to this machine up and working correctly so WE did it. Thanks again