Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 320dl travel swivel help

Shivan Dookeran ยท 2025-03-12 09:06

Hey guys my cat 320dl kgf00762 leaks oil in the upper area when I track . It's doing over 12k hrs so I'm leaning towards rebuilding my swivel.ive checked and double checked all hoses and seals are good , I'm seeing the part number 2344440 but it only has 3 seals ,am I right or is there a rebuild kit for that ?

Replies18
  1. #1Nige2025-03-12 12:58

    It may have only three Part Numbers of Seal listed, but there are a total of 9 seals in that assembly (Qty 5 + 3 + 1)

  2. #2Shivan Dookeran2025-03-15 10:49

    Thanks so very much nige .. every little help I get i say say beers is on me .. might end up needing a case,lol

  3. #3heymccall2025-03-15 11:13

    I'm a little slow, but, if the oil was coming out of anything Below the upper frame Bottom (turntable bearing, X frame, grease well, etc) I'd suspect swivel. But you specifically say it leaks in the upper area. I think you need to look harder before diving into that swivel.

  4. #4Shivan Dookeran2025-03-15 11:57

    My bad i think the terms was wrong , oilnis leaking from all the areas u called, turntable x frame , the area where the 4 hoses are going into the swivel has oil as well, I checked all other hoses, swing ,bank and it's dry

  5. #5heymccall2025-03-15 12:04

    Above my red line, it ain't the swivel.

  6. #6heymccall2025-03-15 12:15

    If u end up at swivel, couldn't you just buy 649-2413 kit? Fits more 320 machines than I could scroll fit.

  7. #7Shivan Dookeran2025-03-15 12:17

    Generally it's below , gonna change out the seals this week as well as all hoses seals , most so far have been original and never been changed .

  8. #8Shivan Dookeran2025-03-15 12:23

    Got a quote from the dealer in my country and its almost $600 usd.

  9. #9Nige2025-03-15 12:27

    Does quoting individual Part Numbers at the dealer come out any cheaper.?

  10. #10Shivan Dookeran2025-03-15 12:36

    That's what i asked in my first thread if there is a kit . When I asked they gave me it in Individual numbers .

  11. #11heymccall2025-03-15 12:37
  12. #12Nige2025-03-15 12:43

    Believe it or not but that kit is not listed under your Serial Number in SIS, despite the fact the individual Part Numbers it contains are exactrly what you need.

  13. #13heymccall2025-03-15 12:51

    But, Nige, that's where I got the kit number.

  14. #14Nige2025-03-15 12:59

    Good point. I only looked at the parts list for the swivel and didn't find the kit at the bottom of the list where they normally are. It's actually on the title page.

  15. #15Gary Layton2025-03-16 13:00

    I am constantly amazed at the level of research/input you guys give to us random strangers. Many thanks from the Random Strangers Club.

  16. #16Shivan Dookeran2025-03-17 09:45

    How come the rubber cap to the top is not listed in this group?

  17. #17Nige2025-03-17 10:10

    It's included in the mounting of the swivel, which is part of the swing bearing & mounting.

  18. #18Shivan Dookeran2025-03-17 10:23

    Using sis 10 years plus and i still can't understand it all . Thanks a million for this info , as usual my local dealer has none in stock and 7-10 working days..