Hello all. This is my first post to an awesome forum. I am always amazed at the range of experience, and the world-wide range of coverage!! I saw some new Volvo SSL's recently, and I see that they've gone to a single non-centered arm, just like the JCB robot. That made me wonder.... where did the Volvo skid steer line originate? Did the develop their original product line internally, or did they buy them rebadged from somewhere? My look at the new models was pretty superficial, but it certainly looked different than the JCB, so I'm pretty sure that they developed it themselves. Thanks in advance for thoughts and responses. DanR Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
No sir, JCB is building the Volvo line of loaders these days. Actually Volvo bought out Skattrak back in 2002 or 2003. Thats how they got into the business as i understand. Hope that helps! Welcome to the forum!:cool2
volvo and JCB machines will be almost exactly the same from 2011 to when ever the contract with JCB expires . JCB has redesigned there entire line of skid steer and track loaders in late 2010 hopeing to grab more market share in North America, they are being built in USA down in Georgia.