Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo windshield washer pump

zlssefi ยท 2013-02-15 05:30

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I have a volvo l180 and it has two abd windshield washer pumps. They are 24v and finding them is next to impossible. I know some people are telling me that for the amount of time the pumps run, you can run 12v pumps and theyll last a long time. anyone ever tried this?

Replies6
  1. #1axelfue2013-02-15 06:00

    Did the old one break and the new one is too expensive? Just curious.

  2. #2zlssefi2013-02-15 06:27

    Both old ones are frozen up with rust and I cant take them apart. I havent checked with the volvo dealer but my experience there is that everything is priced 3 times what its worth

  3. #3UrParts2013-02-15 06:31

    We should have one. What year is your L180?

  4. #4zlssefi2013-02-15 07:27

    1995, do you have a website?

  5. #5UrParts2013-02-15 08:11

    Yes. put your enquiry through our website www.urparts.com and we will get it. It will also be sent to other suppliers so you may even get one closer to home. If you have any problems there is a video on the homepage or just come back to me Simon

  6. #6Delmer2013-02-15 09:19

    get two 12's and run them in series?