So two weeks ago we had a nice new arrival to our shop, it was one of Volvo new feller Buncher lines, this thing is a monster. It has the same engine as a A30D pumping out 325hp, it has five pumps running the function, it is awesome.
Here are fa few more
Looks like fun. Any action shots with it?
Beautiful looking machine! Does it have some front glass protection?
no not yet it is going on Demo next week and I won't be there I am on Vaca.
No protection on the front other than it is 1" thick lexan
Nice looking machine:drinkup Yeah, for about a week, then it'll be so scratched up you can't see out of it... always amazes me how easy it is to scratch and scuff SAFETY glass:Banghead
Are they going to make a tilter? is that a 22" gilbert? I want to try it!:thumbsup
I believe they do make a tilter but not this machine it is a zero tail swing, yeah it is a 22" head it is huge
Nice machine for sure! But I wonder what the price tag is? I know anything forestry related you have to trade in your first born or other multiple body parts.
that is one awesome machine, thanks for the pics!
Volvo bought Direct a few years ago, I wonder if these machines are based on the old Direct. The Direct were made in Northern Quebec, and were made specifically for the forestry industry. They were tough, and well known.
Marguard doesn't scratch as bad as regular safety glass. 1" is about right. I already saw a machine come in the shop with a piece of chain dangling throught a 1/2" lexan window. http://www.oregonchain.com/tech/chain_shot.htm
Thats for sure. But man this is one sharp looking machine. I guess cause it looks alot like a deere.lol I would love to run one to see what it has!
direct was weak, never did take off, friend of mine ran a bunch of their engineering machines. lots of breakage. Volvo did buy direct. they are serious and will have a learning curve. they poached some good bodies to focus on forestry. they have a long way to go to touch the J series deere and the tigercats. Cat is doing almost nothing with their buncher line so there would be room for volvo. But the Deere K is coming and the series II tigercat, so volvo is already behind. I have seen a few and seem somewhat primitive. the gilbert head is okay. fr22B from deere would be the top of the list now, tigercat even trying to purchase it for sale on their units. and the wrist on the fr is the loewen. not some home made thing like on the gilbert. Now get into a new FR24B and THAT is the Premier head on the market period. we got one cutting everything a gilbert 28 can plus it handles wood excellent. Blah blah blah,
is there NO re-inforcement behind that windshield!! Stick a butt of log in there and it would not matter if it was 2" thick. Is that legal?
I here a lot of good things with the tigercat lx 870c, very stable,. havent tried one yet though. A 24 with the loewen wrist is a sweet set up. the old tk 1127 keeps on cuttin....16000+ hrs. :crying argh
i thought the tk1127 was the sweetest when it came out from risley. U in Holberg stormdodger? Int. or hotsaw
Risley should have kept the tk's because the Cat tk's we're running now are crap. I'm not a lover of the ICAN system. Maybe it has been improved. The madills 2250s were not bad machines, as long as the jimmy's would stay together .lol I run both saws.:thumbsup I'm in the Camp R area.
I am a bit biased now with John Deere. We put a couple new 959j out the last few months. All fly by wire, no pilot controls. the new K in engineering stages is gone to a "flexbox" electronic system, trying to get the prototype K out here in the next month for some testing before they tear it down. Currently it is in kamloops! Lets get it here for some Real testing with real wood. If it comes I \'ll let u know.
I was checking out , i think was a 959j, at Brandt this summer. I like the roomy Cab. The batt. were dead so i couldnt check out under the hood. Gets some vids. I bet youre cutting vets... Where are youre deers cutting? I would absolutely come and check any new style buncher out. I have about two weeks left of cutting, power lines and highway on tuesday. Yipee
Ive seen one in person and looks like a nice mahcine, like all volvo equipment it will probably be top notch after a couple of development generations. They sure picked a poor time to come into the market though.
WE now have two of them out in the field and they are a strong machine, people love them the only down fall is the price, but we are glad to be selling forestry equipment again
Where abouts are you from DirectTech? Reason why I ask is because I saw the Chadwick BaRoss sticker and your propane tank is from RH Foster, both companies right here in Maine.
yeah a nice machien my dad own one direct tech and they sure are tough and stong machines..
Now that's what I need , put a Slashbuster or Quadco disc mulcher on the end and weed whack a forest .......325 horsepower and heaps of oil and pressure , just right .
I work for Chadwick-Baross out of the Bangor branch we just sold two of those machines so we will see how they will do.
What company do you work for?
She's all over boys........
Sure did quite quick on the volvo front. i feel sorry for anybody who bought one and wants to trade it in 4 years from now, that should fetch a good buck at the auction! I am sure component/parts supply will be excellent.
whats all over grapple?
Volvo Bunchers are over. Ceased all production. Volvo do longer builds a buncher
I meant "No longer builds", not, "do longer builds" :beatsme
yes to bad, alot of money wasted and alot of nice people lost jobs. We were really looking forward to selling this line but everyone will survive.
Yes i hear you. This to me sums it up that it may be a very, very long time until we see a new brand of anything. WIth volvo giving up and madill's demise, direct gone c/o volvo, Who in their right mind would invest in say designing a new f/buncher? or a new tilter harvester? or better yet, a new dangle head processor?