Need help finding bearing and seals for a vst unit does anybody no what part # s
To start with a s/n number would help. And for dummies like me what is a VST? A guess would be Variable Speed Transmission?
VTS is a track system you can install on a skid steer. Your local CAT Dealer should have a contact at Loegering, thats the company that makes VTS. Or try www.loegering.com
I have 2 sets of the VTS tracks. In my experience when you contact loegering which may be under the terex brand now is that they say the hubs are not made to be rebuilt just replaced. I have taken a couple of the units apart and replaced the seal, bearings and races. I'll look to see if I saved the part numbers but any good bearing supply store can come up with the parts.
Okay, I was a little confused as poster had wrote it two ways VST and VTS. Gues I can't be much help as no experience with that system but as frankliute says probably just stock bearings and seals if not damaged into housings or shaft. If shaft seal area is worn I'd be looking at a Speedi-sleeve, available from any good bearing store.
If you drill and tap the outside cover top and bottom for zerks they will last forever. Plug the top, zerk the bottom. Open the top plug and grease until good goo comes out. Do not pressure grease it will blow out the back seal.
seal part# do you know hub seal part#
No I do not
any luck dirtcommander
franklinute, not to hijack the op post. But in a post you made about 6 years ago you said you had the aux outlet plumbing for a case 1840 skid steer that you would sell a guy... Do you still have this set up? Have a 1840 that does not have the aux ports and would like to add them. Thanks ( couldn't find another way to contact you this is the best I could come up with and im close I live in hazel green al)
always- Yes I do have the aux hyd kit for a Case 1840 with install instructions. Best way to reach me is send me an email at [email protected] .