Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

W2200 lower Conveyor use

changexlt ยท 2013-07-28 20:30

What's the proper way to mill with a W2200. For some reason I'm being told by office that, I should empty conveyor every truck, as the material being carried on the belt when stopping and starting is too hard on it. Had to replace belt half way through season, twice in 3 years. Is it proper to load the belt while milling, but not bogging engine down? Or should belt be empty between trucks?

Replies7
  1. #1jeffvega2013-07-30 17:47

    You should when possible always unload it. I feel it has less to do with belt wear and more to do with the high spike in pressure to start the belt. Which can cause blowing hoses and shearing the key ways on the hyd motors. I have had hoses blow when I want able to empty out the belt on older machines.

  2. #2bwhicker6492013-07-31 21:46

    If I were to guess I would say your probably running your belts to tight .

  3. #3cold_plane_fool2013-09-08 04:31

    The office was telling you how to what? ahahaha I'd follow tight belt logic but if that's the case you would have to be changing out entire head pulleys after to much of that but you seem to know what the deal is. I'm going to make a suggestion based on old techniques with belts full of splices and about to spit.....we would slow down for 20 feet and then either cut the feed to swing to the other truck or stop dead. If your excavating a lot you can hear the drives whining turning the heavy belts. Wirtgen have ALWAYS been good at getting the load off the ground. Specially those 2200s. Lower frame might be tweaked? If you get the belt off check for cracks or get a straight edge and see if its got this funny bend. Whatever the case is you should see the wear marks long before the belt spits...head pulley and tail pulley usually tell ya a little something. Condition of shafts when its apart....you aint letting the paving crew run it when your off are you? cuz if that's the case theres your answer hahaha

  4. #4changexlt2013-09-08 17:27

    I usually run it depending on depth, and how fast trucks move out and under conveyor (mostly bellies here). very rare to have drum and engine bogging down while moving. No Paving crew to run mill. Dedicated milling outfit, with years of experience. The busy mills may get 1000+ hours a year.

  5. #5cold_plane_fool2013-09-09 02:07

    Jerry must have gotten a promotion to run off at the mouth on the phone for a living now instead of hitting manholes and water boxes. Way you describe it you would know exactly what it was with 565b, burnt drives/fuel filters or both...that one I ran had a burnt cylinder and it felt like dragging a pig through sand instead of mud...iv never heard such issues with that model. How new is yours? does it shoot ether on cold starts?

  6. #6changexlt2013-09-09 19:29

    2011 with C27 fires right up don't believe it shoots ether (haven't replaced the bottle). Had it running when it was 10 outside this spring. Fired right up.

  7. #7milling_drum2021-03-09 21:22

    whats going on JJ?