WA170M-11 komatsu -landslide service Hi, a colleague of ours has a landslide service contract. That means every time a storm hits and a landslide occurs, he has to intervene. He thought of this 10-ton shovel or something similar for this job. What do you think? A small, compact, yet fast, and powerful mechanical shovel is needed to load and move even boulders and load dumpers to clear the debris. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Nice machine add a 4/1 bucket can do final clean up,bit brush or doze a path
Which one would you choose? We currently use a 5.5 Kubota excavator and a Komatsu and Caterpillar skid loader with rubber tracks, but it's a bit annoying, we transport them either on a large truck, so when it rains we have to install the ramps and secure them to the bed, perhaps while it rains, which is complicated and heavy work, especially when it rains, or on a flatbed truck if we carry two machines like the excavator and the skid loader, instead with a 10-12 ton shovel it reaches the road to be repaired on its own wheels without the effort and time of loading and unloading during the storm. Thanks. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ???
You need to chain machines down for transport all the time, no exceptions! I think for landslides you want a bigger machine so you can clear the road as fast as possible. I'd get the biggest loader that doesn't need special permits to haul it. 3 1/2 to 4yd maybe? A skid steer could be used for final cleaning maybe with a power brush.
Look, we use the two shovels or the shovel and the excavator. These are mountain roads; a large vehicle wouldn't have the space to turn; even a large backhoe could do the trick. I repeat, these are winding mountain roads. When it rains and you have to shovel mud, slime, debris, and rocks, we also use small two-axle trucks that are more agile and faster on the mountain bends. Thanks for your opinion, we'll think about it anyway. We'll evaluate your proposal.
I guess you the most maneuverable loader then.
Honestly, I work. There are three of us sharing the service. The flood created a state of emergency, so they're adapting with the available machinery. I think a large backhoe could solve the emergency problem. What do you think?
I might be wrong here but its something you might want to check on, those size loaders your looking at are hydrostatic and will that take the constant road speed without overheating the hydraulics?
What do you recommend as an emergency solution? For road repair?
Maybe 150/ 15 ton class rubber duck excavator attachments swing bucket around use as face shovel,clean the slope ,load trucks maybe easier then a loader
Just get a big backhoe, preferably a big Komatsu or JCB. Whatever you might have dealer service for. I would want a big bucket, 4 wheel drive and steer. Would not want AG tires on it due to driven miles. https://www.earthmoversmagazine.co.uk/news/view,new-komatsu-backhoe-loader_2709.htm
I would shy away from a komatsu backhoes, excavators fine, backhoes naaa ill take a strong pass
JCB with the 4x4x4 would be something you might want to check out, tight turning with all front and rear steer , big tires up front for when your using it like a loader and 4 wheel drive.
We don't use wheeled excavators. The most commonly used excavator is a 15-30 ton excavator in quarries. Mini and "bob" excavators, i.e. mini wheeled and tracked loaders, are widely used. Where I work, the largest excavator is 6 tonnes, then there are tracked and wheeled bobs. The XAT 320 excavator is supplied by a friend and colleague of ours who owns a large Komatsu bob and a 5 ton Hyanmar. Alternatively, for large construction sites, we use the rental formula. Hitachi excavators are widely used. I think the backhoe is a good compromise. However, thanks, we will evaluate your information. Thanks.
Everything is wrong Ok a goat trail you can't use equipment on but 1 ton truck on the mountain have you tried a a broom ? Used in the past?