My father worked with a 966C wheel loader in the 70s. I would like to see when the machine was manufactured. SIS only recognizes the serial number from January 1977. The machine's serial number is 42J3633 and it was made in Belgium. Can anyone help?
Yeah @Nige has that info and several others. Do you have that machine now, how do you have that SN? I have fond memories of a nice C model I operated in the 90's.
I found the parts manual for the machine and it has the serial number written in it. We also have a working machine.
My book only lists 30K and 76J machines.
My book Says 1973, 3466-4125, 1968-1981, over 12,000 42j’s manufactured , cheers
They were very popular and still desirable for an older loader.
Thank you, it could be good, the picture was taken in 1975 or 76.
Our company still has a working machine today, I really like it, it's relatively powerful and very fast. As I looked at it, five or six series were made of it (+966R) and after that they didn't make that many of any series.