Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

WA250PZ-6 Won’t go into first

Marc6310 · 2023-10-14 12:32

I have a WA250PZ that currently won’t go into first. 2,3 and 4 are all working fine. When I put the variable control into 1st it’ll show first in the dash but still only operate as low as 2nd. New to diagnosing these issues and would love some help or guidance. I was maybe thinking a bad solenoid?

Replies4
  1. #1funwithfuel2023-10-14 12:44

    Are there any faults or warnings displayed? Do you have a kickdown on the lever carrier?

  2. #2Marc63102023-10-14 12:47

    No fault codes or anything at all. It’s just as if 1st gear doesn’t exist. The machine is operating perfectly besides.

  3. #3Marc63102023-10-14 13:08

    Could the variable shift control signal input not be reading the correct voltage to not allow it to go down into first?

  4. #4funwithfuel2023-10-15 12:36

    From what I can see, your original inference was on the money. Except that it limits 1st gear travel speed.