Need some advice, input, manuals, fluid recommendations etc. A customer of mine has a relative who has developed some health issues and has this beaten 1700B that he bought with the idea of fixing it up. AFTER they bought it, they realized they bit off more than they could chew. This guy wants it out of his yard before winter.....hence, FREE. So the turbo has an oil leak on the exhaust side, every piston on the loader and backhoe is leaking oil, tree fell on the roof, wiring is in disarray.......you get the picture. I know this has a Perkins in it..........no idea what model.........anyone have an idea?? I'm looking for anyone who has manuals, fluid recommendations, parts sources, wiring diagrams, parts manuals, work shop manuals, trasnmission manuals, etc. I've already done the hunt on here for info. Got some good info on the trans cooler and building doors (no doors, no back window). Serial number is 17/T/4/0529/306970/P The idea behind this is to send it up to Maine to the camp. We have a road we call the goat path up to the house. My neighbor, who lives at the very top of the goat path; plows this road all winter with pickups. He's a carpenter so he isn't too handy with fixing mechanical things. I have blessed him with 2 plow trucks.........started off with 1 plow truck, but when it breaks (I'm 5 hours away.....one way) kind of tough for me to drop everything and run up there. His usual comment is ........."No hurry........when you get a chance or are coming up next time.........". And you look at the forecast and 8-12" is forecast to hit in the next few days. Anyway, the push backs get full............he doesn't say anything.........I ask how the road is...........it's fine. I get there and the road is sheet of ice with snow banks scraping the fenders. I figure this will give him something to move the snow back with. We have a 95 GMC plow truck. That's his favorite.......he goes ripping downhill with that truck doing 90 mph to 'wing the snow' back and off the road. I'm on front axle number 2 with that truck. Got a 2004 F350 with a sander in it as the other one. That blew a PS return hose last winter. He never fixed it........just muscled the truck around with no power steering. So this thing actually runs and drives nicely. Hydraulics seem to work just fine. Spitting oil out of the exhaust, but I can fix that. I'll need to make some doors and back window. And if he blows it up..........oh well. A couple of winters ago the GMC stopped working. I brought one of pickups w/ a plow up and left it for the winter. He used it to tow someone out of snow bank on the road..........I think it was the cable company. Ended up ripping the wiring harness for the plow out. He drove MY TRUCK 9 miles into town to the garage with the tire chains still on. Great guy......love him to death..........but seriously.........TAKE THE CHAINS OFF WHEN ON PAVEMENT!! OK..........just wanted to get this out there this weekend. Gonna drag it home sometime this week. Thanks all!!
Nice “looking” machine..
I need a backhoe. Wish i could score a deal like that! I can’t seem to find a decent one under 25k. Lots in Ontario, not much available here in Alberta
you can pour in a lot of hydraulic oil in it before you can afford to pick up a wrench. Fix the boom latch on it or figure out a good chain up method, that "operator" does not need to worry about that.
This post makes my head hurt, but I'm willing to bet you have a Perkins 4236.
It is a lot to unpack
This is from the manual i got for 1700B but for all 14-17,
P.S. Google this<<<<
For ram seals: Foxkits.com Good to deal with. Has them all. Actually I think He is located in Norway Maine. For almost anything esle ebay has been good. Notably seller All_Backhoe_Parts. He's In india but prices and communication are good. Price was right. good luck with it. I like mine. Made a door for mine: HeavyEquipmentForums
He oughta be able to do some serious damage with that. Joe H
Thanks for all of the info, everyone. I appreciate it. So I haven't really touched the machine since I got it. Been too busy.....which is good. A few days before Christmas, Maine got over 6" of rain. The road washed out in 1 spot.......made a good 3ft deep gully. And the basement of the house was flooded out too.........neighbor and his son cleaned out alot of the silt/ much that ended up in the basement. Goal is to get the machine up there this coming fall..........so I'm sure I'll be posting questions later. Thank you again!!