Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

WA350 no second gear

BAD5oh ยท 2011-10-28 14:19

1986 WA 350 no second gear. Last year had no first gear. Replaced the solenoid (far right) and worked fine. Not too familiar with these so I'll try to explain what I found. With a test light on the same solenoid I replaced last year (far right) I grounded the test light on the frame and touched the ground wire for the solenoid. When I do that the test light lights up dim and the machine jumps forward in second gear and it works fine in all gears. Any ideas? 1,3,and 4 no issues

Replies2
  1. #1spanner2011-10-28 17:57

    Sounds like a bad earth or a switch or safety interlock not allowing the solenoid coil to ground.

  2. #2guswa2011-11-01 21:23

    Hi all, I have a WA 380-1 1992 MODEL and have a similar problem as Bad5oh in that 3rd gear comes and goes yet the other gears are fine, iam in the process of dropping the trany oil and checking the filters as I am not shaw when the oil was changed last, is there any addivtive to add to the old oil before I change it to help clean the tranny out. Also I have a leak coming from the top of the tranny I think is coming from the solinoid control box was wondering if i need to remove the tranny or if i can change it out in the machine, not alot of room though.