WA450-2 serial #A26129*new to me loader.Bucket tilt does not work.The machine loads up and I can see the hydraulic hose jumping from pressure but bucket does not move.The up and down function works and I have the bucket in the maximum dump position and thats where it is stuck.There is a position sensor that has a red light on it that is lit up so I unbolted it and faced it away from the position rod and the light turns off but still no function?Any pointers on what to look at?
Try changing your pilot lines around, your dump to curl, etc. What happens then, can narrow the problem down to either your control valve or cylinder
The machine was bought at auction which does not give you much to work with in the past repairs information.I was looking at it today again and am starting to think the middle cylinder rod does not extend out far enough limiting the curl back on the bucket.I got the bucket out of the curl down position by just touching it down on the ground and backing up freed it up.There are stops on the back side of the bucket as well as the loader arms but when it is curled all the way back the stops are a long way from touching.Would anyone know what the cylinder rod should measure on this loader in the fully curled back position and should to stops be touching
My guess is your bucket cylinder is bypassing. Curl your bucket back and hold it for 3 or 4 minutes. Then go put your hands on the cylinder. If its warm to hot, you have a bypass. The fact that backdragging allowed you to straighten the bucket says something is open.
It kind of sounds like the tilt linkage is very sloppy and mechanically locking over center. Another thought is that the cylinder is broken internally or it is the wrong cylinder in the first place.