Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

wa450-2 park brakes

cwk266 ยท 2024-10-09 17:37

I may have 2 problems at the same time or it might be related?Park brake stays on was the problem that got me checking the transmission fluid.It was low so I topped it up and park brake released.Machine sat for 4 months started it up and park brake again stayed on.I took off the transmission fluid cap machine not running and oil poured out not under pressure but flowing.I let it drain out till it stopped.I started the machine again and checked the transmission at idle in neutral and no oil is showing on the dipstick and park brake is still on?Any pointers at what to look at

Replies4
  1. #1funwithfuel2024-10-09 17:55

    Oil came from somewhere. How's your hydraulic oil level?

  2. #2cwk2662024-10-09 19:27

    will look at that tonite when I get home

  3. #3cwk2662024-10-09 22:03

    The hydraulic was slightly low topped that up and topped up the tranny fluid in neutral engine idling park brake still on.the park brake toggle switch when pushed away from operator is like being in neutral and when the toggle switched to the opposite position putting the machine in forward or reverse it loads up?

  4. #4cwk2662024-10-16 20:19

    After topping up fluids and checking all electrical related to the parking brake it turned out that the air compressor was not building any pressure