Finally a video of my scraper as promised !! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2MpqK1FZu4 Cheers Leroy
Nice looking machine. does yours have the 3300 series Allison trans? I have only seen one of those, but lots of tedious stickshift machines.
Nice Tidy Wabco there leroy. Have you changed the switches on the gooseneck to the solid state type ?
Brainzie yes we have the steering with solid state, elevator still clackers Cheers Leroy
RZucker; She has a 6 speed Allison And Im sure its 3300 series always feels bullet proof (touch wood). only ever seen one with stick shift ?? and the Bloke driving her was as busy as a one legged man in a bum kicking competition. Leroy
RZucker; She has a 6 speed Allison And Im sure its 3300 series always feels bullet proof (touch wood). only ever seen one with stick shift ?? and the Bloke driving her was as busy as a one legged man in a bum kicking competition. Leroy( Sorry) it wasnt me its the computers fault
Silly computers. I did get to test drive that particular 111 a few loads and was very pleased with it. I was originally called by the customer to troubleshoot a steering issue. Cleaned the dead flies out of his contactors and life was good! I did have another customer with a stickshift 111 and it was a BIG handful to operate, exactly as you mentioned. Myself I preferred the B70 with a steering wheel! Regards.
I am curious about those "solid state contactors. In the early 90s I helped a bit with a company rebuilding 5 CM 50 cranes for the US Navy and they were using a vacuum contactor that excluded oxygen from the point eliminating arcing and flashovers.
In case no one caught it I have specialized in Wabco Repair for about 30 years.
The 111 Wabco looks & sounds great Aussie Leroy :thumbsup I still have the old switches on the C-pull.Funny thing is I dont notice the noise of them operating until my dad made a video of it working.Allot of clicking & clacking of the steering switches in the background noise Thats cool that you have experience with the Wabco RZucker .We still keep an old C-pull around for moving dirt.Damb good & well built machines.
C-pull with an elevator? I had one around 15 years ago traded off for a 222f that needed an engine. Got a newer 8-71 out of a link belt excavator for 1500$ and except for the oil coolers she bolted right in! Really strong runner too.
If you guys would like to see more of my Wabco experience, go to" Wabco scrapers at work". I was at the Mourer 353 auction making those girls do their thing. Matter of fact I drove number 25 across the RB block. I don't miss them though, most ended up in my backyard. Guess who maintains them now?
Mine is the elevating C-pull with the 5 speed manual transmission. What I have allways found interesting is how cool the engine runs on it. I had a lake project in the summer of 2011 ,used the C-pull to hogg out the baisin & haul 25,000 yards to build the dam.It was in august and 95F to 100F days .Old 8 V-71 detroit never went over 185F .
Yep, I think Cs and 222s were blessed with a better cooling system than 333s. 353s fixed that problem with that HUGE fan and radiator. Im speaking up front. the rears on 333FTs and 353s never seemed to have that problem.
Hi RZucker, re Wabco 353FT's I have 2 of these, and always need parts and sources for repairs. I would love to catch up with you, here, or email - [email protected] Cheers, Steve from Australia.
Il be any help I can. Im working on Mr Browns machines again lately. Just finished a kingpin job on ex Mourer #27, doing the LH front cylinder head on #20, and have a a front engine overhaul to do on #21. If I remember right 21 was M Mourers pet. Mr brown is gearing up for some new land development I believe. Anyway, Il work on the email thing. Regards, Rob.
Thanks Rob, maybe keep it on Wabcos at work thread, then others can chip in with experience or parts sources. I'll post my current problem there - I have stripped my last generator rotor output spline (and the driving flange as well) I need new parts, or a machining solution. -Steve
Hello RZucker I have a Wabco 111 based in the Eastern Cape, South Africa. The contactors used to control the steering and the rear loading elevators are completely fried through the arcing and flashovers you explained in your previous post. Cut a long story short, I cannot find replacement parts in SA. Do you have a lead for these spares? Also, how can these systems be switched to a solid state? Regards Chase [email protected]
Chase, do you just need new contact points or the complete assembly? The 111, if memory serves me correctly used the #4 contactor for steering and elevator functions. those are pretty common to the 222 and 333 machines, elevator and initial excitation contacts used the same contact points. Hope this helps.
Hi Leroy. I`ve been watching your video a bit and noticed you have changed the adjustment for the elevator chain. could you please put some some photos of what you have done as it looks a lot better way than the oridinal way of adjustment, yours is very similar to a cat. Thanks Brainzie
WABCO 111A Contactors Hello RZucker I am happy with contact points or the complete assembly if the contact points are not available. The complete assembly would be a waste as these are not damaged. There are 4 assembly`s each with a 3 point contactor attached are some photos If anybody knows of a supplier, please let me know Regards Chase [email protected]
Chase#6 the contacts can be made by SBA in Bayswater Victoria Australia if you want I can get there ph no for you they have made a set of contactors for me Wayne
hey i got a model DPF2 found ,,,, cant find any more info on model number its a manual trans has 2 headlights in the front .... can ya help me out
Ya got me on this one, I'll dig through my stuff and see what I can find. That machine will have a Fuller transmission that has no original repair parts available, so check it out well by test driving it to make sure it stays in gear in each speed, make sure the electrics function, steering and elevator. If it all works ok you have a $3-3500 machine there. If it has any Issues with cutting edges, elevator chain and sprockets... Move on to a Cat 613. I love the Wabcos, but lets be realistic here. Parts availability is the big issue for small time users.
well i paying 5000 for it but has new rubber on front and new teeth and cutting edges been stored inside equipment shed and everything seems to work flawlessly smooth as silk really . i have a poultry farm with slopes that are heavily eroding on me and im hoping this will help me repair them>>> i do have some chunk rock that concerns me ... hoping it will be a good one for me ... it will be my first elevating scraper i have some experience with dirt pans behind farm tractor
Sounds like you found a jewel there. Take good care of it and be ready to research for parts when needed. If the rock isn't too large it should handle it just fine. I handled quite a bit of round river rock with my 222F.
Hi All I need some help please. I am experiencing electrical issues with a 111A. Machine was in the process off loading and then a burning smell and no steering or loading. Both Clappers engage on elevator or steering but there is not enough juice to take load and move the steering or elevators. I tested voltage and I am on 82V. Checked sliprings and they seem fine Where else can I look??
Contactors burned? With the machine shut off, and the contactors mechanically closed(held shut with a screwdriver), do a voltage drop test across the contactors. If the contacts have too much arcing and carbon buildup, you won't be able to transfer the amperage needed to run the motors. Think of it like a long hose running water. Pressure and flow are good with an unrestricted hose. If someone stands on the hose in the middle, what happens to the pressure and flow at the discharge end?
Hi there i have replaced the contactors. i am pretty sure the voltage should be 400volts. i am going to remove wires from alternator to transformers to test if alternator is generating correct voltage