Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wabco 888 Pic

windrow ยท 2010-03-30 03:34

this is my 888 if someone has or has seen another please let me know. thanks

Replies10
  1. #1ledsel2010-03-30 12:02

    Nice pictures, Makes my 555 look small.

  2. #2windrow2010-03-30 12:34

    I have a Trple nickle or 555 as well. My 555 has a 855 cummins. and yes it does look a little small next to this 888. i ll have to post a 555 pic as well soon.

  3. #3stretch2010-03-30 15:41

    Damn, now that's quite a machine.

  4. #4ledsel2010-03-30 15:53

    A paint job and a couple of chrome stacks would look pretty awsome.

  5. #5Dominion 4102010-03-30 20:11

    Wabco 888 Would you know how many 888's were built? What type of power? Dominion:canada

  6. #6windrow2010-03-31 02:53

    Funny you should say that were going to put the bullhorn 5" 60" chrome stacks on after we paint started sanding ,pressurewashing , sandblasting today. new cat yellow soon i will post the new picts when its done. New decals were fabbed last week. thanks

  7. #7windrow2010-03-31 03:04

    Not sure how many where made. Not many from what i can tell, In fact I have not found any others, although they were made from 67-74. I do know there are not many left. They are a stand alone machine with very few parts that interchange with even the 777. other than age (and hordes of tech) Size and basic principle wise they match up to a 14H Cat 20.5x25 tires this one is like 43,000lbs ect. As far as power goes there all 8V71 Detroits. transmission is a powerflow with a torque converter yet there is no clutch to let out. It has a pivoted forward/backward footfeed like a streetsweeperbroom like hydrostatic but not somehow, 4 gears forward and reverse. @30 mph top speed, thanks

  8. #8BulldozerRay2010-03-31 13:44

    Thanks for posting the pics...I've never seen or operated one...Only the haul trucks...

  9. #9windrow2010-04-06 04:33

    i am really becoming tired of sanding, sandblasting, scraping (with a little tool), pressurewashing over and over i hate it. But.....Ahhhhh ya got to do it if you want it to turn out nice. Does anybody have any painting tips or tricks i may not know about. thanks Making progress on the 888

  10. #10spitzair2010-04-06 13:04

    Can't offer any tips on painting, I don't know how to paint very well... But that sure is a nice looking 888! Wish I could find one! I have a 666, a friend of mine has a 777 I'm trying to pry out of his hands and I recently found a 555 that I'm trying to track the owner down... Have fun with your 888, when it's painted you'll be very proud of it!