Trying to find (service manuals, etc.) and any information on Galion-Dresser A-556 motor grader. Has DT466 motor. Would like to purchase and rebuild. Any quess as to value in California. Has not run for 3 years.
Bludott welcome to the Forum.:drinkup I moved your post to it's own thread. Our members will be able to help you out.
Manuals Should be a few available in USA, far easier than over here (Australia) Komatsu was the agent for Dresser for a while, might be worthwhile calling their parts people, that's how I found the ones I was missing. There seems to be few Dresser graders on the market, contact those people for a lead on books too. Try IH for engine books & Clark for Trans books Good luck
The 12M motorgrader has a two The 12M motorgrader has a two joystick control making it operator-friendly. The Cat engine combines power management with ACERT Technology to deliver maximum power and efficiency in every gear while reducing the environmental impact. As the students progress through the training program, they move from basic systems understanding, to more complicated troubleshooting techniques. This is achieved by planting “bugs” in the various systems, and having the students determine the cause of the problem.
Galion 503A motor grader I recently purchased galion 503A grader with GM-353 engine, 3 speeds forward, 1 reverse manual transmission, was checking it out before doing much with it, both tandem boxes were a lil low, only way i knew that was by removing large fill hole on each side and using wooden dipstick, there are no check plugs on either side, only small drains at bottom. there is an oil level decal on each side in the middle of a round plate, but if I had removed the plate, wouldnt have been able to get it to proper level, which shows to come to aboout center of each axle, anyway, got those up to levels, but there are no check plugs on transmission, only large drain at bottom, there is also a large drain pipe out back of what i guess would be rear differential, so my question is how in the world do you check level in transmission and would it be possible that transmission, differential, and tandem boxes all use the same gear lubricant, is that possible? I crawled around under it most of the day and dont have a clue,,any help from a galion expert will be greatly appreciated, i checked serial number and its either late 1968 or early 1969 year model,,,thanks,,,james
nevermind,,,was given a number to call in springdale, ark. and got to talk to the "GALION STALLION" , all my questions have been answered, have my ducks lined up, even gonna buy a few parts i need from him,,thanks all,,randy
Well done Nice to see you've made progress in your search
Hey Bludott, Can I get the Galion Stallion"s info from you? Our Town recently purchased an A566-E and we have an issue with the front drive hydraulic motors. We don't have a parts or service manual for this machine so troubleshooting is a little difficult. Thanks in advance!
This thread is over a year old, but I found the same post on a Mack truck thread. It looks like the "Galion Stallion" works for Meuser Material and Equip Co, at 1078 S Hewitt Springs Rd, Springdale Ar, 72764 (479) 751-0680. Good Luck
Thanks Mitch, I appreciate the assistance. I'll try and locate him at Meuser.
let us know how it works out, I got a Galion I want to do some stuff to next month.
hi I have a question on a torque converter on a Gation t500a with the grade o matic trans. It takes a liitle bit of time to get moving (assuming it needs to build pressure) then works fairly well and all of a sudden it will stop moving like it lost converter pressure does that sound about right that the torque converter is going out Would you have the # to the Galion Stallion
look at post #9