Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wacker Neuson ST31 Grapple Hydraulic will not close

nlightfoot ยท 2024-02-27 19:33

I just bought a used Wacker Neuson ST31. Used the bucket multiple times, no issue. I bought a unused JCT 72" Skid Steer Rock Grapple Bucket and hooked up all the hydraulic lines and fittings. I can get the claw to open but it will not close. It will only raise up one time, almost like once it cycles thru the computer it shuts down the auxillary functions. I have the error code 517125:26 on my display screen and the Wacker Neuson SPN error codes PDF online only goes from 517097 to 517400 with nothing in the C category for the hydraulics. I have searched thru the entire pdf below. ( https://cloud.3dissue.net/25210/25230/25446/40506/index.html?12183 ) Any ideas for why the auxillary hook up wouldn't be working? What can I try?

Replies4
  1. #1ozarkag2024-03-05 23:20

    Code description is "Thumb wheel Proportional hydraulics ( 1L/+ or 2 R/-) pin 114 signal out of range most likely need a new right joystick handle/ grip. Would need serial number to get a part number and price. See attachment for code list

  2. #21948 ford custom2024-03-06 01:36

    I would swap the hydraulic hoses around to see if it a return/supply problem. If it closes you have a solenoid problem.

  3. #3nlightfoot2024-03-07 20:55

    hey its a 2017 st31 wncs0506cpum00966 if there is any other info you need let me know Is there a way to test the thumb wheel due to it will work when the machine is first started but will only open and close one time and it slams both way and then codes out

  4. #4ozarkag2024-03-07 23:42

    joystick handle/ grip part# 1000438307 should run about $700. (I may be wrong.. its not clear what that includes. . ) Only way to really test would be to connect the diagnostic computer and watch the thumb wheel output.