Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wacker RD11A no vibrator.

antpoo · 2019-12-16 03:05

Hi all I just loaned my roller to one of my mums friends in perfect order and collected today 8 days later and it does not vibrate. He told me it never worked which although possible, considering I used when I dropped it off to him it seems highly unlikely. I’ve tested the two leadsgoing to the button and I have power, although it seems to light circuit tester constantly if button pressed or depressed. Does anyone have ideas? I was reading a thread about an exciter, not sure what that is, but will no doubt find out soon enough. Thanks Regards Andy

Replies7
  1. #1antpoo2019-12-16 03:38

    Update, switch appears in perfect order right up to the solenoid. I’m guessing perhaps solenoid is faulty.

  2. #2antpoo2019-12-16 05:25

    Update, solenoid functional, tested with screwdriver. Hydraulic oilflows to manifold from pump, and I took one hydraulic hose of exciter motor and oil flowing strong when I turn key. Possibly exciter motor damaged? I will have to pull off tomorrow and check. Last time I lent this machine it cost me$300 for new throttle cable ,, now this. Lesson learnt, Do Not Lend!!

  3. #3wlhequipment2023-10-05 09:20

    I know this is a pretty old thread, but did you get to a resolution? I’ve got an RD12 that’s not vibrating like it should and the manual leaves something to be desired.

  4. #4antpoo2023-10-05 18:14

    Hello Yes I did. The solution was the little yellow ‘coupler sleeve’. If was not expensive and it was very simple repair. It is a crucial component for the vibration. I’ll attach photos. Part number on label.

  5. #5antpoo2023-10-05 18:16
  6. #6wlhequipment2023-10-05 18:36

    Thanks! I just found my problem today. Someone had installed the wrong kind of hose on the suction side of the exciter / steering pump. The hose had collapsed in on itself and blocked flow. Problem solved

  7. #7antpoo2023-10-05 18:40

    Glad to hear. I’m certain your coupler sleeve will go one day however lol, They are absolutely designed to fail.