Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wain Roy quick coupler

Clayton Wright · 2019-05-22 21:48

I’ve got a terex hr 1.6. Is a 4000# machine I can not find out how to take the bucket off. Hope someone out there knows how it works I’m new to the forum sorry it sounds dumb but I’ve never messed with this style until I bought this machine

Replies10
  1. #1Ronsii2019-05-23 01:57

    Who told you this is a wain roy? this system is the Terex quick change coupler. There are a few models of it and they all use a quick change tool to manipulate the center pin on the back of the bucket to 'pull' in the two pins that are in the back ears of the bucket... these must be kept clean and greased to work properly! The quick change tool is usually kept in the front of the machine near you left foot. Your operations manual will show the use of the tool and where it is stored. Also you are missing a pin retainer bolt on your coupler, missing this bolt will lead to accelerated wear between the pin and coupler.

  2. #2Clayton Wright2019-05-23 11:01

    Thanks a ton man. Like I said I don’t know a whole lot about terex. Kinda bought the thing an then realized there’s not the best parts supply from wat I can find. Wat u just told me helps tremendously. Sounds like you’ve had dealings with them

  3. #3Ronsii2019-05-23 17:47

    No real dealings with terex just fix anything people bring me so I see all kinds of oddball and unpopular machines(around here) that other guys can't fix or make work so it eventually makes it's way to me. Also, if your missing the QC tool they are pretty simple wouldn't take much to make your own from some scrap metal.

  4. #4Clayton Wright2019-05-23 19:52

    I heard that. I worked in a welding and machine shop for about two years. So I’ve got stick an mig welder. Older unit but works great no issues. How did u come up with those pictures. Checked a few minutes ago an the bars not there so will have to make one.

  5. #5TC48digger2019-08-01 22:01

    I have Terex TC48, with a version of this Terex quick coupler. I didn't get a "tool" for the quick release either. A piece of rebar worked fine to release the lower pins, for me. The pins will retract inwards. The cylindrical slot on the round (hockey puck like) fitting between the 2 lower pins is the insert point. On mine, you only need to twist the hockey puck part about 40 degrees. If it's tight, pop out the 2 zerk fittings, as retracting the pins will release the grease that holds them in place. 7mm socket on mine.

  6. #6Clayton Wright2019-08-01 22:26

    Ok. I’ll give it a try the grease fitting on left side will not take grease. Have tried grease fitting rejuvenate and new fitting just won’t take any. So that prob part my problem. Deff thanks for the great info. Does urs look like this an do u have a decent parts supply that you have found?

  7. #7TC48digger2019-08-01 23:51

    Yes. My coupler looks the same. It's probably larger though, since mine is a 5 ton machine. Parts... ah, yes... not easy. Yanmar dealer will work (they bought Terex), but expensive. I really like Rico Europe (.com) for filters. Super fast. Try to avoid buying one by one, cause it's international shipping. My motor is a Mitsubishi and is used in several Cat mini-excavators, so Mitsubishi and Cat can be easier and cheaper than getting everything sent from Germany. Also, just found partswecan (.com) today. looking for water pump/gaskets. Chinese company, but great ebay reviews, and probably a third of Terex through Yanmar. As for fittings: Clogged- I take them out, plug them into a grease gun and pump grease through them, then put them back. Clears most clogs. If a new fitting won't take grease may be an internal problem. I'm NOT an expert, so take this with a grain of salt, but might need gentle hammering on the pin to loosen. Do your best to relieve pressure on the pins from weight of boom/stick. 2nd person slowly moving bucket, as you twist fitting and/or hammer, might help. Good luck...

  8. #8Clayton Wright2019-08-02 09:20

    Ok. On the piece I’m making for bucket removal does it just swing left to right to lock an unlock the pins? Or am I pulling up or pushing down as I swing it

  9. #9TC48digger2019-08-02 12:10

    Just right to left, left to right. rotational. No up and down on the hockey puck fitting.

  10. #10Clayton Wright2019-08-02 13:31

    Ok man appreaciate all the help more then you know. Will most deff be giving this a try very soon. Got it on a job at the moment. Will get back to u